Her quickened steps saved Mijin from returning late but instead, the promise wasn't kept at all as Bakeyoung was nowhere to be seen.

' Shit, this isn't good. '

What happened to the obedient child when he's supposed to be listening to her words and sitting still on the bench?

Kids these days do be pretty stubborn.

❝ Baekyoung? Lee Baekyoung, where are you kiddo?! ❞ , screamed Mijin with the highest pitch she could reach for as her srroundings would somehow start to gain awareness of her stressful situation.

❝ Mijin, what's wrong? ❞ Jongseong just caught up with his lover as soon as possible but he didn't expect to greet a panicky shout from her like this. The guilty girl's distressed face was expressing her grief at the little one's absence.

❝ Jay-ah..., I think we lost Baekyoung. It's all my fault, I'm so sorry...❞ The apologetic girl didn't have the audacity to lift her head up and face Jay as she could already foresee the terror and disappointment from him. Little did she know, Jongseong wasn't the type of boyfriend to criticise without a proper reason as there must be a cause to all of this.

❝ No, it's okay Jinjin. Can you tell me what really happened? ❞ Well, Mijin never expected the outrageous bad boy to be this thoughtful as her boyfriend.

❝ I was gonna bring the inhaler from the car to here as we promised since his asthma was acting up out of the blue. But he just disappeared with no clue, I'm sorry...❞ Noticing how the fierce and tough woman wasn't that much of a baddie at all, Jongseong openly dragged her into his warm hug as a reassurance that everything would be alright and that it's not her fault.

❝ No need be sorry Jinjin, we can find him together. ❞ Gently patting on her hardened back, the consoling boyfriend of hers somehow managed to make her feel less guilty.

❝ Let's split up first, okay? ❞ Jongseong caressed her cheeks quick cause she seemed as if she's gonna burst into tears any minute soon. Mijin would never forgive herself if something happens to Baekyoung because of her.

❝ Have you seen this child? ❞

❝ Have you seen him, please? He's missing. ❞

The busy couple was beyond concerned as if they continuously asked the bypassers about Bakeyoung with the recorded photos inside their galleries.

It's been more than half an hour, which is leading Mijin's heart to no good since she didn't know what else to do but take the blame she deserved.

❝ Oh, isn't that him though? ❞ One of the bypassers responded as their index finger pointed towards the same kid from a distance.

❝ Baekyoung! ❞

It was indeed Jay's missing cousin as the little bean stood right next to a gigantic clown who's dressed up in a funny yet horrifying costume for normal children.

❝ Why did you leave just like that, huh? Do you know how worried noona was? ❞ Mijin hugged the dear child so desperately inside her arms as if she's the mother as Jay's lowkey surprised to see his girlfriend being a softie for a child.

Dang, who knew that a hot baddie like Mijin had a soft spot for children like this? Maybe they're relatable soulmates after all.

❝ I'm sorry noona, I just wanted to help this uncle cause he's injured. ❞ Darting her eyes towards the silly dude in a clown costume, she noticed that the smart kid was right as there was crimson blood tainted over his feet.

❝ Are you okay? ❞ Jongseong asked the dude since he didn't want his girlfriend to interact with any suspicious stranger.

❝ Yeah, this kid helped me wash my feet so I guess I'm better. ❞ The two soulmates grinned at each other as they're more than proud of Lee Baekyoung nailing the perfection of an admirable child again.

❝ What a clever child you are, Baekyoung-ah. ❞ Ruffling the cute cackler's soft hair strands, Mijin coos with a soft tone as her gaze softened. Jongseong couldn't stop himself from smiling like a proud boyfriend since his girlfriend was someone who loves children as well.

-

❝ You know, we'd be great parents together. ❞

Mijin scoffed in disbelief at her flirty boyfriend's words which popped out so bluntly in a bold manner. ❝ Excuse you??? ❞ Putting on a disappointed yet playful expression on her ethereal face, the female just shook her head as she tucked the child in bed to be wrapped like a cinnamon roll.

❝ What? I just said a fact, duh. ❞ His goofy-ass will never not be funny as Mijin just sniggered while slightly hitting her boyfie's arms.

' Bruh, you're gonna have to marry me if you're the real heiress anyways. ' , said Jay in mind although the boy's a professional at keeping his inner thoughts from being shown.

❝ Your jokes are so lame. ❞ Exiting the guest room at the condominium, Mijin prepared for her leave from the room so that she'd be able to return back to her home quickly.

❝ Bye I guess, see you later Jayjay. ❞ Well, to be honest, Mijin didn't expect herself to get so casual with calling her soulmate by the informal pet name which sounds cute just like hi- ' Wow, you're suddenly whipped for him now??? ' Mijin plastered a fake smile as a distraction before biding Jongseong goodbye but her actions got halted up next.

Jongseong's using her weakness which was one of his soothing bear hugs as he abruptly embraced her from behind with his loving arms snaking around her small waist.

Jay never preferred to be a clingy lover unless it's with the true love which he affectionately cares for.

❝ Can you stay over tonight? ❞

« end of a chapter »