Prologue

I wasn't born in a rich family. We were normal people but my passion changed it all. I was someone who was passionate in designing and advertising. I thought my passion was just a hobby but it was way more than that. All throughout high school, I was just the normal, smart, brown girl. Innocent in the eyes of my parents but reckless in the eyes of my friends. My parents knew me to be a smart girl that was responsible. They were overprotective at some times but they were barely home. Like I said, we weren't born in a rich family. My parents worked a lot to earn money but they would overwork themselves. Even if we were financially stable, they had a desire to be rich. They were jealous of their friends that would often rub it in their face that they were rich. My parents just wanted to feel the same happiness their rich friend had, unlike me.

I didn't desire to be rich, I wanted to be normal. I honestly didn't care if I was rich or not. As long as I wasn't struggling in the money department, I was fine. In highschool, I didn't care that much about what people thought of me. I had my first kiss, had a few boyfriends, got drunk sometimes, and lived life. My parents couldn't really say anything about it since they were barely home. When they were, they would bombard me with questions about how life was and that I shouldn't be fooling around. They wanted me to be rich so I could treat them like royalty and it seemed that they didn't even care if I was happy or not. Whenever they found out about me being reckless and foolish, they would beat me. It was funny because I had to hide the marks like I was hiding hickeys. I never took my life seriously because I didn't want to anymore. I used to be a nice, sweet, innocent girl that would alway listen to her parents. Now, I wasn't that girl anymore. Why? Because of my parents.

I would do anything just to distract myself from the fact that I was never loved. That was the reason I had a few boyfriends in the first place. I didn't want to feel lonely. But they all left, just like my parents. When I gave up on my love life, I found my best friend, Aaravi. She helped me through all those dark times and she would have fun with me. She was someone that I knew I would love unconditionally. After meeting her, I realized that I should start working on my passions for what I want to be when I grow up and that's exactly what I did. My parents wanted me to be a doctor or a lawyer because it would get them good money but I had no interest in that at all. I wanted to become a fashion designer. And that's what I did.

I worked hard for my dreams. I focused on school, got good grades, designed in my free time and had fun in my life. I had no man stopping me and I had Aaravi by my side at all times. If anything, she knew everything that happened in my life. She knew all my traumatic experiences and was there for everything. She motivated me and was the light to all my dark times. I loved her for that. She made sure I was taking care of myself and would take care of me when I was blackout drunk. Whenever I hung out with her family, They felt like my family more than my own parents did. I didn't mind it much. My parents could have chosen to be with me but they were just so desperate for money. It disgusts me. They even discouraged me for being a fashion designer cause they thought I had no talent. Well they were wrong. So wrong.

Fast forward a few years later, I became one of the richest females on planet earth, all at the age of 19. I call myself a normal person but everyone else called me a zillionaire. I loved the fact that I had no desire in being rich yet I was the richest out of them all. When I started growing my business in becoming a fashion designer, my parents had no interest in it at all. So I moved out. Impulsive decision? Maybe. Best decision of my life? Hell yeah. I didn't want to be surrounded by the negativity they had to offer so I simply moved. With the money I earned, I bought an apartment in New York. Everyone said that New York is where people grow, so I went. Now, being the billionaire I am, my parents came running back to me. Right when my designs were all over the place, my phone started going off. I had to buy a new sim and change my number so they would stop calling me. I had no interest in talking to my gold digging parents. I am Nilani Chakravarthy, CEO and Founder of Nilani Couture.