"Actually no. I got caught by Sarah Cameron"

"Sarah Cameron?"

"Are you just gonna repeat everything I say? Yes, Sarah"

Melody rolled her eyes. "And what did you tell her so she didn't go runnin' off to Daddy?"

The brunet laughed. "Just told her I was topping of these tanks"

"And she believed you?"

"If she didn't I wouldn't be here, would I? Anyway, what are you up to?"

"Oh you know, just taking a walk"

"A walk? To a friend's house?"

The blonde's face darkened. "I don't have friends, besides Kie. And she's hanging out with you today"

The boy was taken back by her brutal honesty. Melody glanced at him to see the same thing she saw everytime when people thought of the Kook with no friends. Pity.

"Stop looking at me like that"

"Like what?"

"Like you feel sorry for me"

"I wasn't-"

"Yeah you were. Everyone does. This talk was fun John B, but you should head back to your friends"

As the blonde walked away, John B felt guilty. He shouldn't have becasue it wasn't his fault, but he couldn't help but wonder why he hadn't noticed before.

"Hey Melody, wait!"

The blonde turned around.

"Do you know how to dive?"

"Yeah, why?"

He raised the oxygen tanks. "Wanna come diving with me?"

Even from a distance, the brunet could tell she was trying the hide her smile.

"What about your friends? Won't they mind?"

"They'll just have to deal with it. Besides, they're your friends too"

Her blue eyes lit up as she smiled.

"THIS IS EMPTY. You took empty tanks"

"I-"

John B looked over at Melody for help. She shrugged in response.

"Ok, this one is a quarter full. That's enough for one of us"

"Love it when a plan comes together"

"Does anybody know how to dive?"

The Pogues all looked around.

"Anybody"

"It's kind of a Kook sport"

John B looked at Melody, who shook her head, eyes wide.

"I . . . read about it"

"Great. Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die"

"Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?"

"It's actually pretty hard"

Everyone turned to look at Melody, who finally spoke for the first time since she saw John B's best friends.

Pope smiled at the girl. "She's right. If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends."

JJ snorts. "Bends like, bend over and . . ."