A Shoulder To Cry On

Start from the beginning

"Want coffee?"

She again shook her head no.

"Just hug me. That is enough." She mumbled.

"His wife was so sweet. Sometimes she reminded me of myself. And that grandpa reminded me of you. Not that you are anti social like him. But there are some similarities between you and him." She muttered.

"Ahaan. What are they?" He hummed.

"Not being romantic."

He put gap between them and raised an eyebrow at her.

"I am not romantic?"

"5 out of 10"

"Then maybe I should plan for a romantic date today."

"Lockdown idiot".

"Who said about going out! We can have candle light dinner in the balcony." He grinned.

She smiled and hugged him. But then her smile dropped again.

"You know he tried to commit suicide first as soon as his wife died. Thank god he didn't. But now..." Yash controlled her sob.

"No one can escape death."

"That's for us. Any living creature in this world has to go through the process of death. I understand that." She threw her arms up in the air frustration.

"But that doesn't apply to books!" Chandru shook his head in amusement.

"Author was cruel enough to kill that grandpa!" Chandru chuckled as he observed Yazhini fuming in anger.

"How can he kill him just like that?" She fisted her hands and lightly punched on Chandru's chest as if he authored the book.

'She would have killed me if I had been the author of the book. Thank god that I don't have any writing skills, else I would be getting cursing like this from my readers' Chandru thought.

"So that grumpy grandpa..."

"Don't call him GRUMPY!" Yazhini looked annoyed.

"Didn't you say that the grandpa was grumpy today morning?" He asked shockingly.

"He was in the beginning of the story. But then he became cute, well no he was always cute especially to his wife. He was just an introvert." Again tears formed in her eyes.

"Okay okay. Cute grandpa, fine? Cute grandpa had to die so that he can unite with sweet grandma in heaven."

She pouted. "You say so?"

He nodded his head.

"Then fine I will change the rating for the book from 4.5 to 5/5. Since he died I reduced the rating."

"You prepared review also for that so soon?"

Just like he likes to review hotel foods she is loves to post book reviews.

On seeing the intensity of his shirt got wet he was so sure that she will catch cold the next day itself.

Without breaking the hug he slowly peaked at his kitchen rack where the basic essentials are placed.

Pepper - check
Turmeric - check
Salt - check
Garlic - check
Ginger - check

He sighed in relief on seeing the essential things, as they are needed while preparing the home remedy for cold.

"Chandru" she whispered while hugging him.

"Don't ever, EVER allow me to pick a book with sad ending. Okay?" She looked up with pout and then buried herself in his chest.

Chandru eyes drifted towards the bookrack which has 4 different shelves filled with books. He looked the top most shelf where she usually keep her next-to-read books, and noticed the books,

P.S. I love you
Time traveler's wife
The fault in our stars.

He doesn't read books but he do know that all the books in her next-to-read are sad endings. He bit his lip to control the laugh.

"Sure baby. No more tragedy books, even if you read one, you can always cry on my shoulder." saying that he kissed her hair.

*******************
I started to write this one shot long back I think 2-3 months back. But didn't complete it, because I was that lazy and felt it was toooooo short. Maybe one day I would develop this one shot with some more scenes.

Coming to this story, I am too sensitive, so I am very picky about the movies I am going to watch or books I am going to read, because I will start to cry like anything when I read a book with tragedy.

Recently I read a book, the one Yazh read in this one shot, (not mentioning the story name as she did say a spoiler) and after reading that book I started to cry like anything, but my family doesn't know that I cried, because of the fear that they would tease me that I am crying for a fictional story. Not to mention that I got cold with 2-3 days.

That time only I got this idea, what if there is person who wouldn't mock for crying over a fictional story and would just give their shoulder to cry on. 

Anyone like me? Do tell me what book made you cry. Incase you wanted to know what book Yazh read let me know will DM the novel name.