Chapter 12

Lisa hurriedly pulls the car keys out of the ignition after she had parked the car, almost had to run to the door and cranes her neck to find where Jennie is sitting.

When she did, she makes big steps, swiftly avoiding collision in the process. She overslept, reason why she's 10 minutes late. Taking a nap was such a bad idea but her body needed healing after a tiring week.

"Hey. Sorry. Have you been waiting?" Lisa says while taking a sit across Jennie.

Jennie looks up from her phone with a smile and chuckles upon seeing the obvious panic in Lisa's face. "Not really. Didn't even notice the time."

Lisa's eyes are still half way open so Jennie continues. "How long did you take a nap?"

"I don't know. Probably 3 hours."

"No wonder, your eyes are still half way there."

Lisa embarrassingly turns her head away and blinks forcefully, in attempt to get rid of any signs. Lisa knows she's unsuccessful so she faces Jennie again with a small pout. "Sorry again for being late."

Jennie dismissed it by waving her hand, still smiling though. "All good. Let's order?"

"Let's."

They shared casual conversations while waiting for their orders and ignored their phones for the rest of it despite Jennie's phone going off a lot of times — it's him, he won't stop texting or calling. Well, they had an argument yesterday hence the constant reach out which pissed Jennie off even further.

Lisa couldn't stand it though.

"Uh, I think you should get that first."

"Nah, it's okay."

"That's maybe important."

"It is not. Trust me."

Lisa shakes her head. "No, go ahead and take it first. I won't go anywhere anyway."

Jennie stares at Lisa's firm and confident eyes, she sighs. "Okay. I'll be right back. Stay where you are." Grabs her phone and stands up.

Lisa chuckles. "Where else would I go? I'll be here."

Jennie excuses herself and goes straight to the exit of the restaurant to answer his call.

"Thank goodness you answered."

"What do you want, oppa?"

"You're still mad at me. I'm sorry. Please."

"Of course I am plus you've been constantly calling me and that's pissing me off even more."

"Okay okay. I am sorry. I am sorry for pressuring you to make us official last night. I knew I went in too much and too far and I should've not done that. I am also sorry for the constant texts and calls, I couldn't sleep properly last night after our argument."

Jennie sighs. "It's all good. Just.. give me space to clear out my head."

"I will. I am sorry."

"Forgiven."

"Thank you. Have you had dinner?"

"I'm getting one with a friend."

"Who?" His tone immediately changes and Jennie catches that.

"A female friend. Can you please stop using that tone on me? You know damn well you don't have any hold of who I should be with. This is why Chahee hates you so much."

She hears him snorts mockingly. "She hated me even before knowing who I am."

"You gave her reasons to. Sigh." Jennie instinctively looks back only to see Lisa talking to a woman she doesn't recognize, that paints a frown on her face.