I just went "You forgot, didn't you?" And then he just starts going on about how he hadn't forgotten, he was always going to come, he just caught up in some business, and he's here for me. I knew it was bullshit. I'm not an idiot, I know his tricks. Plus, judging by the faces of Rey and Finn behind him, they hadn't come to Tokodana with me in mind. A happy coincidence, some may say.'

'Jheez...' Din sighed. I could tell talking about my dad aggravated him a little. His hands gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. 'Go on.'

'Dad kept trying to talk to me. He kept apologising, but it all felt a bit meaningless. I just wanted to escape him. I could feel this rage building inside of me, so I ran into the basement, to avoid some sort of big argument in front of everyone.

I just sat down there for a bit. Trying to digest everything that had just happened. Then, suddenly, Rey comes down the stairs. The entire time I had been working at Maz's, Luke's lightsabre was down there. Just beneath my feet. It called out to Rey.'

I paused. This bit pained me a little.

'That's when I knew. Maz felt it too. There was an energy in the air. Rey was...different. She was special. I mean, I'm a Skywalker for God's sake, and it never called out to me,' I stopped. 'Oh my god. I think that's the most conceited thing I've ever said. I take it back.'

Din laughed lightly.

'Anyway, the next bit was all a bit of a blur. It happened pretty quick. Rey touched the lightsabre, and was scared off by some sort of vision. She found it too much. Then me and Maz sensed it, and made eye contact. The First Order were arriving. She handed me Luke's lightsabre, and we ran back upstairs. Dad tried to talk to me again, and I just remember yelling at him "Not now. They're coming." And then I felt something else. "He's coming." I remember Dad's face become devoid of colour. We just nodded at each other. I threw Luke's lightsabre to Finn, and got mine out.

Next thing, we're outside in a battle. Stormtroopers everywhere. Rey's nowhere to be seen. This is the first time I'm fighting in a battle since I was a child at the Temple. Dad and Chewie have teamed up, and are shooting at the troopers whilst taking cover. Finn is dotting around. I'm in the centre. The lightsabre felt like it was attracting an endless stream of stormtroopers. I remember just continuously fighting until there were no more coming at me. It was as though something had come over me.

And then I saw him. Across the field. Kylo Ren. It was the first I had seen him since escaping the Temple. He was just stood, watching me. I don't know for how long. We met eyes. And you know what he did next?'

'What?'

'He ignored me. We caught eyes, and he just walked on. Going into the forest. I know now it was to find Rey. But back then- I...' I run my hand through my hair, clenching my eyes shut for a second. 'I guess it hit me then. That Kylo Ren wasn't my brother. Ben Solo and Kylo Ren were not the same person. He took Rey. The Resistance came into help, with....Mom.'

'Oh...' Din uttered breathing in.

'Seeing her solidified everything, you know? I saw everything she was doing. We headed over to D'Qar, where the Resistance base was. Mom and Dad reconciled. I saw everyone again. It felt like it wasn't even a choice- it was a duty to join.

I didn't tell Mom about Dad leaving me on Todaka. I don't think she ever found out. Pretty sure she just assumed I had been with him the whole time. I figured that it was probably good to keep to myself that he'd forgotten. He never admitted it by the way. Dad was adamant he hadn't forgotten.'

Din scoffed.

'I know, I know...Just classic Dad, really,' I shrugged my shoulders.

'Anyway,' I continue. 'We figure out the First Order were basically building this massive weapon, Starkiller Base. Basically a bigger Death Star. The only way to destroy it was by attacking its thermal oscillator. So, me, Dad, Chewie and Finn head to the Base on Ilum. Once we're inside, we managed to shut off the shield so the X-wings can start up their attack. We also managed to find Rey, and then realise that the X-wing attacks aren't sustaining enough damage.