✍🏻The purple tree

Start from the beginning

"He said, 'the heart of the city' which is here, where the imperial palace is located... But there is no purple tree around". I said, frustrated.

"Let us search one more time". Suggested Victor.

"Okay, spread out". I said for the tenth time since that morning.

I walked around again, praying that I may have missed something earlier, or that the tree magically appears in front of me. I was so tired, so I sat down to catch my breath.

"Good evening, sir"

I looked to whoever greeted me and saw a beautiful young lady, she reminded me so much of Kira when I first met her.

"Good evening" I returned her greeting.

She smiled.
"Would you like some tea? Our teashop is well known around Aakh for the rich and herbal components of its tea. I promise you will like it".

I smiled, remembering the good, old days. "I came with friends, I cannot have tea without them."

She smiled brightly.
"Very well then, I will go bring you some. And when your friends return, I will bring for them too". She said happily, then went back inside the tea shop about fifteen feet away from where I was sitting.

***

She returned with a cup of warm tea for me, it's aroma calmed my nerves tremendously.

"How much do I owe you". I asked her retreating figure.

She turned to me and smiled again.
"Nothing... Just remember to tell your friends about the purple tree". Then she turned to leave.

"Wait! What did you just say?"

She looked back. "The purple tree, why?"
She asked, confused.

"Where is it?"
I asked, no longer in the mood for tea.

"There". She pointed. "Our tea shop".

"Thank you very much".  I thanked her.
She smiled again and walked back inside.

I waited for Victor and Hector to return, then I told them what I found out.

"We need to check that place, maybe there is someone hiding underground in there". I said with a shrug.

I walked around the tea shop first of all, looking for any sort of door, which I did not find. Then I joined Victor and Hector inside.
We were seated. Subtly looking around for any suspicious activity, but saw nothing, just the girl and parents making and serving tea to customers.

A man who had been sitting at the far end of the shop abruptly stood up and walked out. The manner with which he left was rather suspicious to me.

"Let's follow him". I told the men.

We silently followed the man, hoping my hunch was right. The man walked to a carriage that looked quite expensive like it is owned by an important person. He entered the carriage after some time, and the carriage moved and entered the streets.