XI

I could feel the air get cooler as the star set. My head was spinning, I had a mission to do. Eliminate the Mandalorian and yet here I was getting further and further from my goal. Call it what you want but I was finding it harder and harder seeing myself go through with this. However, at the same time I found it even harder to just walk away when I was so close to the goal.

"Would you like a blanket?" I turned around towards the automated voice to see the IG droid from earlier. The droid held a medium size dark blue blanket in its arms as it faced me. I gave the droid a small smile and nodded causing the droid to advance towards me and drape it over my shoulders. The droid then proceeded to walk back to where it came until I stopped it. "Can I ask you a question?"

The droid stopped before rotating its upper body around to face me. "I will answer to the best of my abilities." A small smile rose to my face at the droid's response. "Theoretically speaking, of course. If you had to do something that you knew would hurt people in the end that you knew trusted you...would you do it?" The droid looked at me as it processed the information that I gave. A couple of seconds had passed before I got an answer, "I am not capable of feeling the emotion 'trust', therefore I do not know."

I closed my eyes in annoyance and stupidity at myself in actually asking a droid a question like this before turning back around. "Never mind." I said shaking my head.

"Is this about the Mandalorian?" I was more than shocked when the droid asked the simple question. I hadn't given the droid any information regarding whom this question was about or even if it was real. I let the droid's question linger for a second before answering, "How'd you know?" I heard the droid walk closer to me before I saw it stand next to me in my peripheral vision. "You are an excellent liar. If I was a human I wouldn't be able to detect it. But your heart rate is increase when I mentioned the Mandalorian."

Of course.

"Are my assumptions correct?" The droid asked even though it already knew the truth. I nodded my head causing the droid to stop looking at me and straight ahead. "I can not answer questions based on emotions that I can not process," the droid said simply as he paused before continuing, "However, what I do know is you do care about the Mandalorian and the child."

I looked up at droid as it continued to speak, "The sooner you come to terms with your feelings the easier things will be." Just as I was about to stop the droid it continued, "From what I observed love is hard to explain."

I quickly interrupted the droid as I raised my hand, halting him from speaking. "I never said I loved the Mandalorian." The droid watched me before it spoke, "Of course you didn't, it's just a simple observation. But none to less, the truth will anyways reveal itself."

I looked away from the droid as I picked it the wooden fence while I processed the words it just spoke. I had no idea what love was. I of course had a daughter love toward my mother and a friendly love towards Laurence but I never knew what actually love was. Mayfeld's and my short fling was probably the closest thing to it but not even that was close enough.

"I must be going, I have to start dinner." Said the droid before it turned around. I watched the droid's retreating figure for a couple of seconds before facing back to the star that was finishing setting.

I should've never agreed to this mission.

"Hey," I looked to my side seeing the Mandalorian a couple of feet from me. I could tell he was tense by the way in walked, he must've had a run in with the droid coming up here. This time I didn't give a smile or nod towards the man which he quickly picked up on. The man stood next to me causing him to step on my broken coms link. He looked down as he heard the crunch before looking back up, "Rough call?"