iii.

"well, would you look at that."

"look at what?"

"my parents aren't asleep so i can be as loud as i want. big man was right, you two are boyfriend and girlfriend!"

"tommy-"

you heard shuffling behind you, and you heard a click. the room was suddenly covered in a blanket of bright light, and you turned to face the door.

"oh, sorry. see, 'big man'? your parents might not be asleep, but some people might be," you say.

"oops."

"sorry, wil. i can turn it off if you want."

"no, it's fine," wilbur assures you, sitting beside you in a spare chair. "couldn't sleep?"

"judging by the fact i'm sitting on discord talking to a child at..." you pause, squinting to look at the time in the bottom corner, "two in the morning, i don't think i could."

"alright, no need for the sarcasm."

"hello, wilbur," tommy says.

"tommy says hello."

"out of all the children you could've spoke to, you chose tommy?"

"i'm not a child!"

"sorry," you say, ignoring tommy. "ranboo and tubbo were in a vc together."

"of course they were."

"what was that?"

"hold on, let me get another set of headphones," wilbur says, standing up. "this is a bit confusing since i can't hear half of this conversation."

"y/n, are you with wilbur or are there other people with you?" tommy asks.

"why would there be other people with us?"

"you two seem like the type of people who would invite a load of people to their house at one in the morning and not speak to them," tommy guesses.

"well, no."

wilbur walked back with some spare headphones he found in a drawer. he plugged them in and sat back down, letting out a yawn as he did so.

"hello, wilbur," tommy repeats. "i didn't get a proper response last time."

"isn't it past your bedtime?" wilbur asks.

"no."

you stifled a laugh, causing wilbur to look over at you in confusion.

"what're you laughing at?"

"'it's past my bedtime? it's past the time where i asked,'" you say, repeating what ranboo said. "wait, can i add ranboo?"

"you'll have to add tubbo, too. can't have one without the other."

"don't say that, wil," you joke. "you'll make tommy go dark on twitter again."

"too late," tommy mumbles.

"what do you mean, 'too late'?" you ask. "tommy?"

"oh, no."

wilbur showed you his phone, which was open on tommy's twitter. his profile picture and banner has changed to complete black, and the bio simply said 'playing sad by xxxtentacion'.

the ping from discord alerted you that someone had joined the call, and you noticed tubbo's profile picture on the screen. not long after, ranboo had also joined.

"what're you all doing up?" ranboo asks. "isn't it, like, really early for you all? what time is it in the uk?"

various timings were said, but all of them had the same meaning. quarter to three in the morning.

"go to sleep, you idiots," ranboo says.

tubbo yawns slightly. "why is y/n- y/n?"

"yeah?"

"how come you're awake? i thought at this time wilbur would be awake and you would be the tired one."

you smiled slightly, turning to face wilbur who was struggling to keep his eyes open.

"hold on, i'll be back," you say, muting yourself. "you can go to bed if you want, wil."

"hm? oh, no. i'm fine."

"you don't look it. just go to bed," you say, sending him a smile.

"are you sure?"

you nod, watching as he hesitantly stood up and left the room, not without giving you a hug first. you stayed in the call for a bit, trying to keep your voice down. tubbo had gone to bed, leaving just you, tommy and ranboo in the call. you decided you would go to bed, seeing as it was now almost half three.

"guys, i'm gonna head off," you say. "i'll talk to you tomorrow, yeah?"

you heard mumbles of agreement coming from both ends of the call.

"make sure you get some sleep, okay?" you tell them. "see you tomorrow."

and little did you know, you would actually see them tomorrow. maybe not all of them, but at least one of them. it wouldn't take long to meet them all, anyway.