What Are We Fighting For.....

Start from the beginning

I went looking for Damon and I found him at Whitmore curtsey of Ric as apparently Damon took a bunch of his books to find information on the ascendant. I offered my service to help and Damon was happy that I was willing to do that. Bonnie was a friend to me and I wanted to get her back just as much. Looking through the books I felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere. Something caught my eye from the inside of Damon jacket. When I looked I saw that it was some kind of knife. I question him what it was and why did he have it and he took it from me instantly. Then revealed that it was the one thing that could kill someone like Nico or myself. That when I knew this was the knife he used on me that night in New York that lead to my death. I sat there speechless as he held tightly in his hand. I knew he wouldn’t use it on me but I knew he would use it on Nickar even more so if he found out that he escaped. Damon placed it back in his jacket pocket and put it on I think he did that because he knew I would take it.

He convinced that in that cell it was Nickar which he was right about that knife was a way to end him. Damon will do that once he had figure out how to bring Bonnie home. I wanted to say something but I just stayed silent. We stayed up all night I couldn’t really concentrate knowing what he had in his possession. It was getting light now and Damon rests his head on one of the open books. I wasn’t sure if he was sleeping but for the last hour he had been like that I had been trying to think of ways to get that knife. Deep down I knew I wouldn’t get my hands on it unless I betrayed him and that something I didn’t have the heart to do. Not to Damon. Not after everything we had been through I couldn’t to him or us.

“Are you watching me sleep?” Damon spoke a little sarcastically. I just smiled at him as something as simple as watching him sleep did bring me pleasure. The truth was I mind was racing about this other issue he was unaware about and I was frighten as hell with how it would turn out.

“No. I'm watching you drool all over Ric's textbooks, and considering you're already on his bad side...” What Damon did to Ric to get that ascendant was a low blow. I understood that he wanted to bring Bonnie back she deserved to come home. But to compel Ric so he would get the information from Jo wasn’t a thing a friend would do.

“I don't drool.” Damon lifts his head up, looks at the book, and wipes his chin. “Hmm. Ohh. What time is it?” He spoke still in a daze. I didn’t like this tension between us but I know it wasn’t going to disappear any time soon.

“Time for Ric to get a new reference library. We've been looking all night. I swear I haven't found anything that even remotely resembles an Ascendant.” There had to be a book somewhere or someone who knew of this. I wanted to bring up Lucile that she might be able to help. Then that would bring the whole me turning to Nic and that was something I didn’t want get into. “Damon when are you going to talk about Ni—“ Before I could continue talking he raised his hand to stop me from talking.

“Don’t Siena” He raised his voice slightly and gave me that glare to say if I was going to press on this he was going to flip. I open my mouth to speak but decided not to. “Well, we haven't looked hard enough. Let's get to it.” He spoke as he began to flick through the pages of the book. Talking to Damon about Nico/Nickar was a no talk zone which was frustrating. “Find anything yet?” He spoke as he book down searching through the book not making eye contact with me.

“Nope.” I hated that one moment things are good between us then the next it wasn’t. Just like him I wanted to find a way to bring Bonnie back but I also wanted to find Nickar and kick his ass before bring my son back. Damon obviously had a totally different approach about how to deal with him. He had tolle cultrum, ad animarum the one weapon that could kill someone like myself and Nickar.

“Still staring.” He spoke with annoyance still not having any eye contact with me.

“It's just... You have in your possession the one thing that can actually kill me. That can kill our son—“ I didn’t think that Damon would ever use it on me but the fact is Nico wasn’t gone. Nickar could be expelled from his body and my concern is that Damon not going to chance to even save him.