CH2 Promise

Rumor has it, that in the far west, there are gems that give god like powers to ordinary beings but it was rare to see one live.

"I'll come back for you..."

Two years ago....

The Tradesman, is a special market dealing with things not everyone would see in a normal one. Hidden underneath the Nephus city, you'll find it stowed away under the ancient labyrinth tunnels. Only the elite and darkest scum alive or dead know the path there. Aliens and mainlanders come from all corners of the universe to purchase specific items that can only be found at the Tradesman. The streets are lit with eerily green lanterns, above , the homes are built into the cave walls. Hollowed out like a bluejays nest. Every shack stacked upon each other like a messy clutter. The dying lay on the sides of the street and strays pick at what rotting meat is left.

The real show at The Tradesman is in the heart of the market, where the brightest lights shine. The streets lit up with colorful flashing neon signs-- each catering to a special district or business.

From alien body parts and addictive drugs still under testing to weapons of mass destruction and the fresh bodies of young girls. The Tradesman has everything and anything to satisfy ones darkest desires... Even children's teeth.

The owner of this whole scene is none other than Rann the Tradesman himself -- who lives in the Glass Chandelier, the hanging castle from above the underground. Rann was a rather young but successful man, he had inherited this dark empire ran on sins and filthy desires from his father. The man was extremely wealthy and even had a small militia and specialized team of bodyguards. He had power.

However Rann's signature love for beautiful and rare things was quite apparent as for he kept all the best items to himself -- including the beautiful Alice, the head of all his slaves.

Alice was only 13, when she first arrived at the Tradesman. Her mother left her in the hands of Rann's father for only 100 gold coins. At first, she was frightened and scared... But over time this world became her everyday reality. She was a servant girl in Glass Chandelier, she did as told and kept to herself. Her first memory of Rann was a boy, a shy boy who hid in the background-- unnoticed by the world. He was very different from his huge father whom ruled with an iron fist. Alice became his personal servant,

Rann was kind. He was gentle and Alice appreciated that side of him. He'd tell Alice about his dreams and aspirations to journey the galaxy through the stars and take her with him. But such things never last in this place... Alice saw Rann start to crumble under the darkness and his fathers bloody clenched fist.

His father corrupted him, the day his father lay dying on his death bed of an unknown illness. Rann had just turned 17 and in an instant he became the ruler of this disgusting world. Those eyes were no longer that of an innocent boy.

"You will die a slow painful death like me, boy. Your fate has been decided long ago."

He snuck into her room that night. Like a hungry coyote sneaking into a birds nest.

He wasn't gentle.

He wasn't kind.

"Hey Alice, you were my father's toy right?"

Alice gasped for air as he released his hand wrapped around her jaw. In pain, she squirmed and looked away from his eyes. She felt gross. Shameful. Her eyes began to blur with tears.

He smiled... Cruelly.

"You don't know how many times I wished it were me instead of him... Here with you."

He was no longer the Rann she knew.

At age 24, Rann became head of all trades in and out of Nephus Underground and the most feared man of the underground. Alice, also the same age, would be the head servant at Chandelier, care taker to all his slaves.