“Mmm?” I encouraged her to go on “I might...?”

“Find someone else” she whispered.

“Let me tell you something”

“What?” she croaked

“The other day, when I woke up; I couldn’t really stand where I was anymore; I mean I had friends, I made all the teams I signed up for, classes were great but man I missed you so much Rosalie” I shook my head slowly “so much; I mean my eyes started stinging I was scared I was gonna cry” I chuckled awkwardly. “So I came to a decision”

“What?”

“I was going to break up with you” she gasped softly “But to do that I wanted to fall in love with someone else”

Tears started trickling down her face

“I hung out with every girl you could imagine; chatting, laughing, joking hoping I would find some sort of spark with someone else; so I could end this suffering.” I laughed “But I couldn’t” I swallowed trying not to cry.

Because I did not do that.

“Every girl I spoke to I began comparing them to you; their hair was as long as yours or too short or it was blonde or red. That girl had green eyes and this girl had brown or it wasn’t the right shade of blue”

I walked into the lift at the main lobby and pressed the third floor

“I knew it was hopeless, stupid of me to try because really there was only one girl for me; and I realised I would just have to wait- no matter how much it hurt”

She sniffed “I don’t know if I can do this anymore” she shrugged “I was thinking maybe- I don’t know, I could transf-“

“Stop” I smiled; touched “Please don’t throw away what you have already started for me”

She sat up properly crossing her legs. “Okay”

The lift beeped as I got to the third floor and I walked down the corridor.

“We are using face time today”

“Just noticed”

“Just paid attention” she sniffed again “Where are you going?”

“Oh back to a place where I need to be”

“Your bed?” she giggled

“A bed definitely” I stopped once I reached my right door.

“Hey, baby I know it’s hard but we’ve got two more years left” I smiled trying to reassure her “And I know since you’re a girl you’re that tad bit extra emotional-“