I am not her 🌿 Sam Wilson (request)

Začít od začátku

'Really? Like who?' You give him a small smile. You hate to admit that his distraction is working pretty well.

'Steve for example.... Thor... Tony... even Nat told me she would definitely be up for it... point is, Sam is the only one who is comparing you to someone else... and that's his own fault... his loss...' Bucky shrugs.

'And here I am thinking Steve was always good with the words...' you chuckle. 'I'm still... kinda sad about it but you definitely cheered me up...'

'Soooo.... you'll stay?'

You hesitate for a moment. 'Come on... please? I'll drag you to the others and we can dance and laugh and drink...pleeeease...'

'Okay fine....' you finally give in. Bucky does a little victory dance and whoo's before rushing through the people to get the rest to come and stand by you.

A while later Steve, Thor and Nat joined, the exact people Bucky told you that would like a shot with you, and you were lying if you said they weren't the best people ever.

Bucky wasn't lying, ever since they joined in you've been laughing all night. Feeling less and less sad about the whole breakup. You still have your friends who support you and of course the alcohol, thank god for that one.

'Goodnight guys...' you smile after you've finished your last drink of the evening.

'Without a hug?' Nat whines and you give yourself over to her, wrapping your arms around her.

You do the same with Steve and Thor, and of course Bucky who holds you just a tad tighter. 'Goodnight Y/n...' he smiles.

What you don't know is that on the other side of the room, Sam is clenching his jaw at Bucky hugging you. And all Bucky can do is the exact same. He stares him down. He already didn't get along with Sam too well but what he did tot you? It surely didn't work in Sams favour, thats for sure.

A smile however tugs at Bucky's lips as you pull back. 'Thanks for tonight...'

'You're welcome... you sure you don't want me to drop you off to your room?'

'I am not drunk Bucky!' You playfully slap his arm. 'I can walk just fine...' you smile before walking off in a perfect line.

You walk through the hallways filled with pictures. It's like walking down an actual memory lane. Your friends, your family, yeah you consider them family, the ones you don't crush on of course, else that would be very weird and slightly fucked up.

You stop in front of one of the pictures. Dread fills you again the longer you look at it. It's a picture of the whole team, it's just... it was taken right after you became official.

You slightly feel like you're overreacting. It shouldn't be so bad right?

'So I don't get a goodnight from you anymore?' Sam speaks up, you turn your head and there he is.

Hands in his pocket and not a care in the world for how you feel clearly. You don't have to be a spy like Nat and Bucky to read that body language as anything else but carelessness.

'No...' you simply answer. 'You don't...'

'So that's how it's going to be from now on?'

'I don't know Sam... I don't know anymore... but it's fine right?' You throw up your hands. You're already on the verge of crying but you stuff that down.

'What's that supposed to mean?'

'You have no trouble shutting me down, hurting my feelings... so why should I even say goodnight to you like everything is good between us? I'm sorry but unlike you I don't have the energy for that...'

'Wow-'

'No Sam fuck you!' You snap at him. 'You really hurt me and you don't even seem to care! You just up and leave after two years with only the words: "you're not her" as an explanation.... do you even care? Honestly?'

'Of course I do-'

'Stop lying...' you croak out. 'Please just stop lying to me because the way you ditched me like that shows how little you actually do... you gave me no signs... that breakup came out of nowhere for me... I thought you were the one but clearly you didn't feel the same way... that's okay with me but the fact that you only tell me that  I am not like her... that fucking hurts! And then you have the balls to stand here and ask me why I didn't say goodnight to you? Maybe because I don't want to hurt anymore... I am sorry that I can't be like her, I am sorry that I am not as perfect... I'm sorry that I am not her... just stay away from me.. maybe someday you can get a goodnight out of me then... but you need to think about what you did to me...'

'So I just should've continued with you?'

'No... but you could've explained it a little better, you could've talked about it... you could've spared my feelings but you decided not to... so think about that...' You turn on your heels and walk the other way.

Sam watches you walk away while you wipe the line tears. He turns to the picture he caught you staring it and his heart sinks.

'Hey Sam... you were gone all of the sudden, everything alright?' His current girlfriend rubs her hand over his arm. 'That's such a cute picture of you guys..' she smiles at him.

'Yeah it is..' he answers with a cough. 'You okay?' She asks.

'Yeah... Lets head back...'

'Good because I need another drink..' she chuckles dragging Sam with her. He looks back one last time, You're long gone of course.

Never gonna look like her, be like
I'm not her
Say, I'm not her
No, I'm not her, oh, and I'll never be
At least that's what I've heard