Monsters 🌿 Wanda Maximoff (request)

Start from the beginning

You bite your lip, trying to keep in the tears as you lean against the cold wall. Your hands come up to shield your face from the rest of the world. 'Damn it...' You whimper.

•••

'I saw her today! She's alive! She's.. different but she's alive!'

'Wanda.. honey... I'm sorry but you've been seeing her a lot lately... how about-'

'No Vis! I am not seeing a therapist, it was her! Vis I am not making this up I swear! Shes been following me around! I bumped into her today and she ran off..'

'That's not-'

'She used super speed! It's her...' Wanda pleads. 'Vis Its her...'

'Even if it is her, why wouldn't she want to come back here? Maybe it's another mutant...'

'Then we need to go after her anyway! Please Vis...' she's desperate,

The death was hard on her. She saw her girlfriend get killed without hesitation, without even a single chance to defend yourself against them. You were too slow. There is no way you could've survived that but after today, Wanda doubts everything she saw that day.

You were locked up when Wanda came to rescue you. She was so close too. And then they set of the dirty bomb. It set the whole place on fire and burned everything in its path, it's not possible to be walking around and still Wanda is convinced that it was you she bumped in today.

'No matter where I am, I will always be looking out for you...'

That statement turned out to be true today.

The team called her crazy, told Wanda to find a therapist that could help her cope the right way, but the more Wanda thinks about it, the more she realises that there something holding you back from seeing her.

Wanda is going to find her, even if it takes her forever.

•••

Halfway across town, a couple days later, you're standing in front of the tombstone with your own name written across it. She did listen to you. You told her you hate large heroic burials, you just want a normal stone, between normal people.

"Its better this way" you keep reminding yourself over and over again. "She will get over you"

'I'm sorry...' you whisper into the air. 'I wish there was a better option... but I can't hurt you again... not like this...'

You stare at your wrinkled up hand. It looks like you've been in a bath with acid for too long. It's horrifying and that's not even the worst part of your body. 'You deserve better than that...'

'Y/n?' You her something drop behind you, when you turn you see your favourite flowers laying at Wanda's feet.

You quickly lower the hood more. 'Hi... Wanda..' you reply.

'You're alive? I had a hunch but... I can't believe it...' she steps forward but you flinch away from her.

'Whats.. what's going on? I... why didn't you come back?' You can hear the waver in her voice and it breaks your heart, clearly she's not over shit.

'I can't come back Wanda... I'm not the same anymore... I... I can't come back...'

'Why not?' This time she's quick enough to grab your hand. It's a trick she learned with her brother over the years.

Het eyes drift to your joined hands and you swallow the forming lump in your throat. 'Y/n I don't care what you look like now or the person you've become... all I want-'

'You don't want me!' You snap at her. 'Trust me Wanda if you could see...'

'Then what? I run away screaming? Y/n... I've watched you die and.. now that you're alive... I.. don't you get how happy I am you're not dead?' She inches closer.

'Its bad... Wanda... so bad... they...'

'Its Okay... you can tell me...' she urges as her hands move to the hood. You quickly grab them to stop her.

'Its Okay...' she assures you and so you help her remove the hood. The light finally lets Wanda see what exactly it is that they did to you.

'Y/n...'

Your eyes avert to the ground in shame. Her hands however they cup your face like she always does. Whenever you feel like this she grabs your face and makes you look at her to calm you.

'I'm sorry they did this to you... but it doesn't make me change the way I feel about you... it takes some getting used to but... I'll love you just the same... you hear me?'

Her words make you burst out in tears. You sink into her arms like it's home and it is. It feels like coming home again, like it's safe.

'I'm sorry...I'm so sorry Wanda... I wanted to come back but... but.. I didn't think you could love such a monster...'

'Monster? If you're that then what am I?' She chuckles through her own tears. 'I'm a scarlet witch and you're...'

'Immortal... and very fast...'

'Those are not trades of monsters... I love you...'

'I love you too...'

'And we're gonna kill those hydra agents..' She comments making you chuckle. 'Fine... I won't stop you this time...'

'Good... and no more running away... you promise?'

'I promise...'