“Oh, excuse me. Well, come this way then.”

“We will get a rental car and drive over. I don’t want her to see those two.” Harry nodded toward the street.

“Alright. Drive safely.” He jogged back to the ambulance and they drove off, sirens blaring. Liam and Niall went back to the bus, where Zayn and Louis were waiting, trying to calm Anna.

“Gemma?” I asked Harry.

“My sister. I figured since you lived on the street and you’re only seventeen, you ran away from either your parents or who ever took you in. Therefore you don’t really want to go back to them. It’s better just to not let them know who you really are.”

“Oh. That’s good thinking.”

“If they find out who you are, where would you go?”

“Back to the streets.”

“Where would they try to make you go? To your dad? Or somewhere else?”

I sighed. “Probably to my dad.”

“So he’s alive? Why did you leave?”

“No reason. Can we just skip my check-up?”

“What about your leg? Something is wrong.”

“It’s nothing.” I said, hiding my face.

“I’ll make you a deal.” He said. He lifted my chin so I was looking at him. “If you let me look at your leg, just to make sure you’re alright, I won’t make you go get a check-up.”

I shied away from him. “I’ll think about it. Let’s go back to the bus.”

“Okay. Let’s go the long way.”

I nodded and followed him, not looking up, just staring at our feet, walking in sync. His hand rested on my elbow, as if I was an old lady he was helping to cross the street. I pulled away from his grasp and he looked at me, almost hurt.

I took a deep breath and straightened, walking upright, trying to convince both of us that I was okay. I gave a weak smile, and he smiled sympathetically back.

We made it to the bus, and when we went inside we found them all sitting on the couches, Anna crying and the others- not knowing how to comfort her- just sitting around awkwardly.

When we entered, she looked up and her eyes narrowed. “This is your fault! Your fault, you, you bitch! You got them hurt!”

She stood up and rushed at me, but Harry stepped in her path and grabbed her wrists. “Don’t say that.” he growled

“They might die!” she screamed. “They could die and it’s her fault!”

I backed up down the stairs, my breath becoming shallow. The room was suddenly way too hot to be in right now. I stumbled down the stairs and outside, falling on the cement.

“Broken Heart?” Harry called, but his voice was far away.

I gasped for breath but I couldn’t seem to get enough.

“Broken Heart!” I could feel Harry’s hands on me but it felt like another world.

“In-inhaler.” I reached out my hand and grasped at the air.

“Her inhaler!” He yelled into the bus. “It’s in her bunk! Get it, hurry!”

I tried to breathe but it was getting even harder.

“Hold on. They’re hurrying.” He rubbed my back soothingly, but I could hardly feel it.

Finally my inhaler was shoved into my hand and brought to my mouth, I took a deep breath and I could finally breathe again.