The Dream

"She was right in front of me. Why can't I touch her?" The desperate tone of the young man shows confusion as he tried to grab the mysterious, faceless woman.

But oddly, the mysterious lady was able to touch him. She reached out to him, setting her palms against his cheeks.
The touch melted the young man. So gentle, so soft... Yet so cold.

"I have to know her name. I need to know her name." Said the man.
Suddenly, he was able to touch her. But as he caresses her arm, his whole life flashed before his eyes.
All he could see was death, despair, fear. His whole body wanted to break free, avoiding the mysterious woman. But the more he struggled, the tighter her grip. The men wanted to go, but the woman gripped him tighter.

"Who are you!? Let me go!" Said the man with discomfort. The lady didn't respond as she leaned closer to him and said, "If I'm no longer in your arms, what will you do?"

Then everything he saw just shattered. Cracked, as if what he saw was just a picture.

 Cracked, as if what he saw was just a picture

Then the man finally woke up

The man panted aggressively as he glances around his surroundings. He sat up straight on his bed, staring at his shaking hands. He was trembling in fear, wondering what just happened. He was mentally alarmed by what he saw in his dream but at the same time, he was relieved that the dream didn't happen.

The time shows that it's 10 AM as the sun shines very bright. The man leans against his bed's pillow, fantasizing about his dream.
The man shakes his head before getting up, taking his phone, which is laying on top of his desk.

The man's eyes were shot open as he saw his phone.
"Fifty missed calls..." He said nervously. Well, it is 10 AM after all. He may have missed most of the subjects he has today.

He immediately ran out of his dorm swiftly, bumping every student he met on the dorm's corridor. "Sorry!" He said as he bumped every student there. He even hops over any possible things that are in his way.

He ran to his class, worried about scolding from Professor Manstein but to his surprise, the class was empty. No teacher, no students, nothing.
"Where is everyone-" The man wonder
"They're outside." Said the ponytailed F ranked senior, Finger, who has been standing behind the man.
The man yelled in surprise and punched his senior to the ground.
With a loud thud, the ponytailed senior fell to the ground by a single punch.

"How could you disrespect your senior like this!?" Finger whined, rubbing his cheek which is decorated with a mark from the punch

"I-I'm sorry, senpai. I was just-" The man thought for a while before he narrowed his eyebrows "Hey! It's your fault for standing behind me!"
"What!? I was just standing!"
"You scared the hell out of my poor soul!"
Finger sighed and stood up "Fine, I'm sorry."

The man crossed his arms, eyeing his low-ranked senior "Anyways, why are they outside?"
"A new kid is arriving here, the principal didn't tell us some details about them, but he did say she's a little bit unusual." He said
"And you didn't tell me about this sooner!?" Asked the man
"Hey! Stop blaming things towards me!" Finger pouted "You know what, how about you come with and I'll show you about it."
"Wait, how do I know if you're telling the truth or not? What if there's no one outside?" Asked the man skeptically.
"You can most definitely trust me! Ya know how reliable I am right?" Finger winked
"No." Said the man, bluntly.
Finger let a nervous chuckle "U..Uh. Let's just go." He said as he drags the man with him.
"Hey!" The man yelped as he drags him.

To his surprise, Finger was right. Everyone was there. Teachers, students, even his seniors.
The man got confused and asked one of his seniors. The nearest snior to him is none other than the cold kill or, Johann Chu. "What's going on?"
"The new student is here." He said before the man almost pushed Johann to the ground
"Where? Where?? Let me see!" Said the man, jumping around
Johann sighed and smacked his head to discipline him.
"Hey!" Said the man, rubbing his head.

Then h heard some footsteps. Everyone went immediately silent as the new student walk past the crowd.
Everyone looked at her as she walks. Most of them look at her with fear and distress.

Her skin is so pale. She had silky black hair and unquenchable red eyes. Her lips look so soft and dull.
The man's eyes are wide open. "She... Looks familiar.." Said the man. "I saw her once."
"Never knew someone like you met a pretty odd lady." Finger nudged the man.
"No, I didn't exactly meet her. I saw her in my-" suddenly, he felt a sharp pain on his head as a loud, painful noise comes across it.

"If I'm no longer in your arms, what will you do?"

That sentence repeats in his head. The loud noise gets louder and the pain gets worse.
"Vintersvegen?" Finger asked, calling out the man's name.
The man, Vintersvegen, didn't respond this his calls. All he could hear was just that same sentence, repeating over and over again.

His vision is blurring slowly as he slowly losing his breath. His heart beats rapidly as he felt the intense pain not only in his head but also in his chest this time. He clenched his fist as it trembles, sweat starts to drip before his whole body gave up on him.

Vintersvegen fell to the ground with a loud thud before everything went black.
He can't anything, but did hear his seniors yelling, calling for help. He heard Finger calling out his name, but he can't see him.

He gain his vision, but he realized that he's not on the ground where he fell, but in a very calming place, surrounded by flowers. There, he saw no one but the same mysterious lady he met in his dream.

 There, he saw no one but the same mysterious lady he met in his dream

But this time, he could see her face. She has the same facial textures and shape as the new student he met earlier.

The lady glanced down at Vintersvegen, who's now laying on the soft, green grass filled by flowers.
"If I'm no longer in your arms, what will you do?" She asked.

Then everything went back to black.

__

Characters credit :
Vintersvegen - S101 Dragon Raja SEA
Rᴜʙʏ Cʜᴜ -S101 Dragon Raja SEA

Classroom design credit :
Kaoru - S101 Dragon Raja SEA

Locations :
Club Base
Ehime Prefecture