You took it and watched megumi scurry back to his room.

The note was from toji, and looked slightly rushed.

Dear y/n,

Today, I'll be back a little early than usual. You may stay with megumi while I'm here, if you'd like. Don't worry about grocery shopping, I'll handle it tomorrow after work.

If you need me, call or text me.

Toji

You placed the note on the counter and looked at the time. "I guess I'll stay here until he gets back."

••••••••••••••••••••••

On toji's way home, he hoped that you had got your letter. It wasn't much for him to say on the paper, but he just hoped you got the message.

As he drove home, he thought about what might you do once he enters his home. Would you leave? Would you stay? He shook his head hoping and praying for the best.

Toji really wanted to get to know you better and at least get along with you. But of course, he was not the best with words.

Texting you wasn't an option for him, the man was not used to the slang kids used these days nor was he able to text what he wanted to say.

Calling you would have been boring, since he's always on the phone at work talking about sales and what not.

The note was the best option for him rather than jumbling up his words when asking you if you could stay a bit longer so you all could have a little chit chat.

Toji had grown fond of you over the last few days. The way you actually cared for megumi and was always around him. Megumi seemed to be just fine around you, if anything he actually liked you... a lot...

Before toji knew it, he had arrived at his home early as planned and looked at the clock.

8:30pm

He got out of his car and went straight to the door. Putting his keys in and immediately opening the door, he walked in and noticed the aroma of the house.

It smelled good. He couldn't figure out what the smell was, but it was quite delicious.

Putting his stuff at the door and hearing your voice coming the kitchen.

"Megumi go wash your hands, dinner is ready" you spoke. Toji then saw his son run out the kitchen and towards the washroom to wash his hands.

Toji then waltzed into the kitchen and saw you at the stove stirring up the pasta. The scent grew stronger and he knew exactly what it was.

'Chicken Alfredo' he thought to himself.

Feeling a presence from afar, you turned around and saw toji. You smiled at him while holding up the Alfredo sauce covered spoon.

"Evening Sir, I read your note! I hope you don't mind, but I made dinner just in case you were hungry," you turned off the stove "plus, I notice how everytime you come home, you don't really eat anything."

Toji stood and looked at you. You reminded him of her...

The way she used to always cook for him whenever he got home or when he was upset. Her simple, yet heartwarming greetings she would give him. It was almost like she was still there with him.

"Sir?" You tilted your head in confusion, interrupting the older man's thoughts. "Sir, are you alright?" You asked.

Toji snapped back to his senses. He sighed before feeling someone pass by his leg. He watched Megumi run to you and hold his hands up to you, signaling that he wanted to be picked up. You picked up megumi and placed him in his seat at the table.

"I'm going to wash up." was all Toji said before leaving the kitchen.

You furrowed your eyebrows then looked at megumi, who was already staring at you.

"What's wrong with him?" You asked, earning a shrug from the boy then watching him hold up his plate.

You shook your head chuckling, "alright, I'll fix your plate then."

You really did remind him of her...

It was like she never left...

She was always there...

(A/n : hi everyone, sorry about the short chapter. I felt like I needed to add more, but then again I didn't want to overdo anything. Anyways, prepare for the next chapter 👀, there will be a bit of s3gg$huwal tensions between y/n and toji at the dinner table👀👀👀. See you all next chapter!!)