"Wow, you have so many cars, you know I never understood that, why do people like you have so many cars?"

"People like me?"

"Yea like rich and wealthy or in this case mafia leader"

"Well I can't speak for everybody but in my case, I have different cars for different things also not all of these are mine, some are Iyannas"

"Can we take this one?" She said pointing to the Camaro.

"No that is used when going out for a casual evening not for meeting drug dealers"

"We're taken this one," I said opening the black Cadillac. 

She got in and I closed the door before walking into the driver's seat and pulling off.

"So this is the card you used to meet with drug dealers," she said with an eyebrow raised.

"This the car I use all around, even to move dead bodies," I said with a smile which made her sit back in her seat.

"Do you smoke cigars?"

My eyebrows narrowed, "no where did  you hear that" 

"It's in all the godfather movies" I rolled my eyes.

" I am nothing like those mobsters in the movies," I said with annoyance in my voice.

"You've been homeless for almost a year but found time to watch the godfather"

"Life wasn't always like this, I used to watch it with mom, she said it reminded her of the good old days with Alfonso and his friends whoever those people are"

Alfonso was my father.

The car was silent.

"Do you drink?"

"Like a sailor," I said concentrating on the road and making a turn.

"You know you ask a lot of questions," I said glancing over to her.

"Just tryna get to know more about you"

*********************************************

"Okay, I have one final question, How did you and Iyanna meet?"

I smiled as the memories crossed my mind on the day I first met her.

"Well I met her on my 18th birthday at a diner, Fernando, a family friend had brought me down there for a birthday dinner and she was the waitress."

"But that wasn't the night I fell in love with her"

"I fell in love with Iyanna when we had our first conversation"

"wait," Cassie said interrupting.

"You fell in love over just ONE conversation?" She asked confused.

"Let me explain a little more, I had a lot on my mind one night, a cousin named Ricky had just come back into town and I just needed to clear my head. I went down to the diner and there was Iyanna we had, had previous accouterments before so I guess you could say we knew each other. but that night I went in there and just sat down, she came over and sat with me, we drank vodka and ate fries and just enjoyed each other's company."

"She made me feel happiness and comfort and she hasn't stopped making me feel that way since".

"Now, here we are four years later, married and with a kid on the way."

"Wow, true love at its finest"

"But wait what happened to your cousin Ricky"

"Iyanna killed him, we're here," I said cutting in leaving her with a surprised expression on her face.

"That's him, that's the guy," Cassie said slouching down and pointing out the window.

I stepped out of the car and walked over to the group of men. 

"Gentlemen," I said with a smile.

"Mr. Casanova the king of the city paying us a visit, tell me, what did we do to deserve a visit from such high honor". He said sarcastically before bursting with laughter as the other men followed.

"Seems you've had a bit of a run-in with my sister fellas"

The men got quiet.

"Oh, he's talking about that bitch of a thief Cassie," The man said getting visibly angry and standing up.

"You tell that bitc-"

"Ah ah ah, easy there now," I said placing my gun in his mouth making him quiet.

"Great now that there is enough of that, I hear she took some money from you now seeing as you work for me and that's my money I see no harm here done so you are to leave cassie alone, is that understood?" All the men shook their heads and I removed my gun walking back to the car.

"I got back in the car and she tackled me with a hug"

"Thank you" She squealed. 

"No problem kid"

She opened up the car door and hopped out.

"Where are you going?" 

"I don't know yet maybe Texas, should go find mom but who knows where she might be by now"

"Thank you, truly for everything, it was nice meeting you and your lovely wife, that child has an amazing father," she said with a smile before closing the car door and walking away. 

Apart from me wanted to tell her to stay, but the words never left my mouth.......