𝐗𝐕: Bleeding Out

Start from the beginning

Lexa had the option to send in a warrior to fight for her. She refused.

I am the Commander. No one fights for me.

Roan never even stood a chance. Not against Lexa, nightblood novitiate, Commander of the Blood. Lexa was born to take the flame and there was a firestorm in her bones, a pyrexia, seething crimson flame crackling in her eyes. But not once had the fire ever burned her, because how could it? Lexa was the flames themselves.

And yet she'd spared Roan. Taken the spear and hurled it at his mother, declaring him king.

Then Lexa died, blah, blah, blah. Tragedy, heartbreak, y'know, just normal life on the ground. The flame needed to be put into Ontari's head. Ontari was bloodthirsty, Clarke for some reason decided that she herself got to decide who got the flame, and took it from Polis before setting out for Arkadia. Which in the long run was lucky for Clarke, because that's what's stopped Alie from getting the flame so far.

But Clarke's luck has run out.

Deciding now is as good a time as any to make her dramatic entrance, Lyra strides into the warm daylight. A series of guards flank her on both sides, her entourage made up of both Arkadian's and Grounders. Noah creeps out from behind her and then swiftly doubles back, jogging towards the tunnel entrances with his rifle in his hands.

Thanks to Jasper having been chipped on Luna's oil rig, they know who is there. Octavia, Bryan, Miller.

"Hi, Clarke," greets Lyra cheerfully as she skips forwards. "Abby's gonna be so happy to see you!"

"You." Roan looks unnerved and then irritated. "Where's Ontari?"

"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lyra Jupiter," says Lyra pleasantly. She stretches out a hand for him to shake. He just stares at her. "Ontari's not coming out. But you can give the Flame to me. I promise I'll give it to her — and I always keep my promises."

Roan eyes her skeptically. At that same moment, Clarke's eyes flicker towards the secret tunnel entrances that run beneath the city and through the walls.

"Ouch," says Lyra with a wince. "Yeah, I hate to break it to you, Clarke, but they can't help you. So give me the Flame. Now."

     Stupidly, Roan does not move to give her the Flame. His hand drifts towards the enormous sword strapped to his back and this time, the dozens of chipped City of Light Citizens bristle all around. Yet before any of them can do anything, Roan ensnares an arm around Clarke's neck and thrusts her back against his chest. Though she is still bound and gagged, the flicker of panic in Clarke's sky-blue eyes is not nearly convincing enough.

     Roan draws his sword and the blade hovers inches above Clarke's throat. "Back up or she dies."

     Somewhere in the tunnels, there is muffled scuffling and then shouting. Lyra can pick out her dad's voice easily. "Drop your weapon! Drop it, Blake!"

     Lyra pulls a yikes face. "Clarke, friendly tip, stick to genocides. Acting is not your thing. We already know you and Roan are together. We know everything."

     "Then you know she's the only one who can activate the Flame," growls Roan. He presses the blade closer to Clarke's throat and the blonde chokes, her face turning red.