Blame it on me chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"Would you like to tell me what happened?" He started neutrally.

"The principal told you what happened." Katsuki grunted softly, remaining half a step behind, far enough to be out of a close range attack, which he most likely expected.

"You are smarter than to start a fight for no reason." Shouta reasoned, trying to let Katsuki figure out himself that he wasn't angry with him, since if he were to straight up tell him he wasn't, Katsuki would only assume he was lying.

"Am I?" Katsuki grunted sarcastically.

"Don't take it to heart," He started after a short second of silence and didn't miss how Katsuki flinched in the corner of his eye. "What they said. People won't always understand you, especially if you have a hard time expressing yourself."

"I don't care what anyone says." Katsuki grumbled softly and Shouta wished it were true.

"Did anybody hurt you?" Shouta asked, since Katsuki looked untouched, which implied a quite one-sided fight, or it wasn't even that big of a deal as the teachers described it.

"No." Katsuki answered simply as they walked outside to the parking lot. Hizashi was standing by their car with crossed arms, waiting for them with a worried look which Katsuki didn't bother to notice, since he exclusively stared at his feet.

"I told you I could handle it." Shouta told Hizashi as unlocked the car.

"I know. Nemuri offered to help out, so I could leave earlier." Hizashi mumbled as walked to Katsuki and placed his hand onto his shoulder, causing him to flinch violently. He didn't have to make a sound to establish he was waiting for a hit. Hizashi pretended he didn't see him get scared and started talking to him kindly as opened the back door of the car for him.

"Hey, kiddo. Heard you got into some trouble today, are you alright?"

To the last question, Katsuki raised his head to give a skeptical look, then whispered a soft yes before getting into the car just to evade physical contact. Shouta and Hizashi stayed outside waiting for Hitoshi while Shouta explained what happened according to the teachers, which he could only assume was not even half of what really went down, but nobody bothered to ask Katsuki's side of the story.

Katsuki was sitting dead still with his arms crossed and his head kept down as everyone got into the car. There were a few silent moments until Hizashi decided to ask:

"What did they say to you, Katsuki?"

"Nothing." Katsuki answered softly, paying no mind to Hitoshi on his side, who looked guilt ridden as always, feeling the tension in the air.

"Then why did you pick a fight, kiddo? I'm sure you had a reason."

"They deserved it." Katsuki grunted.

Hitoshi looked confused for a moment before scooting closer to the blond and whispered: "Are you not gonna tell them?"