Disaster # 02

Two

                     "You did pack some bathing suits, right?" I threw my favorite top in the suitcase and turned to look at Courtney.

                       "Good point, I mean we are going at spirit lake. There has got to be swimming classes there." Miranda agreed with Courtney, flopping herself on my fluffy couch.

                      "Will you take the classes ?" Even I never took those swimming classes because I was afraid of being drowned at a young age. Courtney bobbed her head, letting me know that she will but I already knew that Miranda was a pro at swimming. She was very athletic, she had been in the gymnastics team since elementary school, I think but she was really good at sports and athletics which I was jealous of, to be honest.

                    "I heard Chris, Hunter and Tristan will attend the camp too." I nearly choked on my spit, do they really have to make my life hell in that summer camp too?

                    "Why do you always have to give me some bad news, Miranda?" I scowled at my best friend who was now smirking at me while Courtney had that dreamy look on her face. I pointed towards her so Miranda saw her too and we both had those scared looks on our faces. The least we want is Courtney having a crush on Tristan or any of the jocks, I mean one, she's a year younger than them, two, she's really dumb and three, her confession will lead us to nothing but humiliation. 

                  "Is Amanda coming too?" I crossed my fingers as soon as I asked tha question. I groaned as soon as I saw Miranda's head nodding again.

                          "Curse you and your breaking news, Miran." She burst out laughing but I was too busy dreading what this summer might turn out to be. "My Mom is making me do the packing like I'm going for a year."

                           Courtney snapped out of her trance and sighed. "No surprise there."  

                  I grimaced. "I mean she made me pack like five packets of tampon, ten bottles of mosquito spray, two flashlights and it's five batteries, an extra tent just in case and a lighter."

                            "Well at least you'll be equipped for a tornado." Miranda pointed out.

                      "Yeah, stupid Iowa weather. It's either too hot or the wind blows only too furiously." Living all my life in Iowa, I've liked it all along. It's peaceful, quite and quite scenic but the one thing I hate the most is the tornadoes or in other cases hot, steamy weather.

                        Courtney snapped her fingers, making us all look a her. "That reminds me, I still have to get Mani-pedi."

                    I checked my hands and feet and they were fine. Plus I had no time left for buying anything now. "Do you think one suitcase will be enough for a month of summer camp?" I asked them which was a bad move because both of them started choking on their snacks. 

                     "So you only packed one suitcase yet? And we have only three hours left to leave." I gotta admit, from what Courtney exclaimed at me, it made me seem dumber than her.

                        "Ugh Mel, what's wrong with you? We're going to a summer camp not a funeral. C'mon we have to pack your bags fast." Miranda hopped off the bed and ducked her head in my closet and Courtney followed her shortly while I stayed at my place, thinking that one bag might have been enough. I was lost in my thoughts when a pair of hands snapped in front of my face. I looked over to see Miranda giving me a disbelieved look. "Now!" And so I was on my feet.