Chapter 21: Can't now unsee, Can't now unfeel

Start from the beginning

Rita Shukla chuckled and reached for the remote and said "ok ok better than me saying you guys watch the latest episode, Sidharth aur Shehnaaz ka patch up gaya na but Dekho tumhaaray bhai ka haal! Watch the episode and then we will chat" and so the three of them went on to watch the episode of the Mars captaincy task and great many questions about why their mum was amused willed. Both the sisters now along with their mum
Laughed out at glee at the way Shehnaaz seemed to think that Sidharth was supporting arti at the task and threw a tantrum and both the sisters sat gob smacked when they realised that instead of getting irritated with Shehnaaz for throwing her mug away and misunderstanding him, he actually went behind her to clarify things with her, albeit with his clenched teeth and low growl and then immediately switching to his usual wit and then watching her cling on to him and him actually relenting to it. Several times during this interlude the Shukla women paused and laughed incredulously at each other. In their laughter was satisfaction, though unvoiced, satisfaction nevertheless that their boy had found a match and found someone who drove him absolutely crazy and yet grounded him in ways their love never could.

Rita shukla watched, she watched with great contentment, she watched her daughters cheer their brother in every which way, cheer hai submission also, his submission to this girl who still remained an absolute stranger yet she managed to nestle into corners of their hearts and this home because of how she reached them through him. She watched her daughters slap each other in absolute glee when they saw how this unknown yet now familiar girl hugged their stubborn boy and demanded that he from now on explain things to him and rationalise her irrationality, where  he previously avoided all things silly, they laughed in glee because he was now celebrating the silly and playing host to it. Preeti's voice broke through her thoughts "mummmy this is gold na? Kaisay yeh ladki iska yeh roop nikalwati hai yaar. She is really something." Then she turned to Neetu and said "tujhay pata hai that girl literally pulses with positive vibes, her stage presence was phenomenal yet something very earthy and personal about her." Then she again laughed out loud "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha bolta hai tere man ke aagay peechay dolta rahoon, bechaara unknowingly confess kar gaya ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" at this all three dissolved into laughter and Rita Shukla quickly gather her wits and said "Arre you guys are missing out the best part, watch ahead!" And she played the episode.
"Gasp!!!! What!!!! Nooooo he did not! Mummy tell me what I saw did not just happen???!!!! Did he go all possessive on her? Preeti replay kar Yaar! Kya bolta hai voh!" She turned around to look at Preeti who hilariously just had her jaw dropped and frozen and just her eyes were blinking as semblance of life! "Preeti don't freeze on me woman replay kar and increase the volume what does he say! Mummy yaar why does your son mumble so much uff! Impossible idiot he is! Always has to make things extra difficult." Saying this she grabbed the remote and replayed the scene where Sidharth goes postal at Vishal hugging and kissing Shehnaaz after both of them were announced as contenders to the captaincy task!
Rita Shukla now was openly laughing and was enjoying the amazement and joy this moment brought into her room! For now it was Preeti squeaking" chummi lee? Is that what he says? Yeh bhool Gaya kya he is on television? Has typhoid messed with his faculties. Super private sey super public ho gaya launda! Mummy he is going to kick himself for this! I am now excited to watch him watch this ha ha ha ah ha ha ha kya kehthi hai shehnaaz?" And all three of them instinctively screamed "JULOOOS" and just laughed. Each hoping that their boy Sidharth who had upto now guarded his heart from pain would allow love to overshadow every disappointment and setback and give himself a chance. Easier said than done they knew but for the first time in his adult life they saw a sure shot at life their brother had, life in all its fullness.

Meanwhile back in the BB house after they moment of abject and mad posessiveness had reared its ugly head, Sidharth had without giving away too much walked into the house in a huff to get a drink of water and try and make sense of what just happened within him. But before he could start unraveling his thoughts to himself, he heard her familiar whine "sidhaaaaaarrrrth pls gussa mat karo, meko bohot time lagta hai yaar teko manaanay mein. Pls na jaldi niptalay, dekh mein daavaydaar hoon! Tunay meko theekh sey shabaashi bhi nahi di! Unh hunh!" Saying this she snaked her arms around his waist and hugged him from behind as he gulped the water. He breathed a deep sigh, gently turned around, held her face with both his hands and made sure she met his eyes and he softly said "Jaan meri, just ten mins meko space degi, promise uskay baadh mein khud tere paas aunga aur we will talk.hmm? Ok? Pls baby?" And he looked at intently at her and just could not help then look at her pout and also at the same time resist the urge to peck those lips of hers. Why was she so exasperating and yet so undeniably cute. He really wanted to fast forward this to the finale and get on with life!