Ch 15: Proper Engagement

Start from the beginning

"You know something we haven't done in a while?" Toby tucked my hair behind my left ear and came in closer. I closed my eyes and the magic happened. Our lips touched and I lost all sense of reality. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him in closer. He pulled his lips away, just enough so he could speak.

"I love you Lynne. I can't live without you."

Aaron's POV:

I walked out of the front door to get a look of Toby and Lynne together in front of the gate. Lynne and Toby were looking into each other's eyes, and they just finished a kiss, I could tell. Toby's lips were close to Lynne's, and he was whispering.

"I hate to break this little love fest but someone's life is in danger."

Lynne's POV:

Toby's arms left my waist and he looked at Aaron.

"Do you always stalk people?"

Aaron looked at him in mock hurt.

"I don't always stalk people, but when I do it's you two making out in the middle of a neighborhood."

"We were not making out!" I piped in, trying to stop the war before an atomic bomb was dropped. Toby looked at me then Aaron.

"Tell us what we need to do." Toby grabbed my hand instead and we faced Aaron.

"So somebody's now listening. The notes are giving us a poem. But it's not just a poem."

"What kind of poem are we talking about?" I motioned to the notes in Aaron's hands. Aaron's eyes widened as she looked at them.

"We were once one. You broke the string between us. Now the New string shall be broken, for Only I deserve you, if I can't have you, no one can."

Toby and I looked at Aaron then each other.

"Well, one of us is f*cking screwed, but who?" I stated. Cussing wasn't usually my thing, but I think this was the time.

"I don't have any idea Lynne. I can go back to the lab to get DNA and fingerprints on this." Aaron help up the notes.

"Wait a minute, what did the other one say? The one on Missy?"

Aaron looked at Toby was a sad look in her eyes.

"That's confidential Mr. Turner." She closed Missy's front door and pushed past me and Toby, looking damn depressed.

Toby and I were in his car driving to his house.

"Lynne, would you like to make a gaming video together?"

"Sure Toby, I'm going to KICK. YOUR. ASS." I smiled at Toby, and he smiled at me with a hidden sadness.

"Toby, what's the matter?" Toby just looked at me then eyed his shorts pocket and nodded at me. I reached in and pulled out a little black box.

"I wanted to wait, but I couldn't. So..." He pulled over on the side of the road.

"Miss Lynne Elizabethe Prescott, will you love me for all of time as I will to you?" He opened the black box and there was a braided silver band. In the center was a amethyst, in the shaped of heart.

"Oh my God. Toby, isn't this a bit early?" Toby's hazel eyes gazed into my green ones; He was leaning between the center console, his face was so close.

"That's what my mother said. She said that if I wanted you, I could propose later on. But I need you in my life Lynne, that note scares the shi+ out of both of us. But think. You would be mine forever Lynne. Haven't you always wanted that? To be mine?"