True Loves Kiss

(Y/N)'s pov

"Oh I was just taking her to get some fresh air she seems to have swooned." Edward's step-mother said as she grinned at us. Edward quickly ran to Giselle and picked her up out of the elevator. "Oh just leave her there - get her some water." His step-mother was calmly directing random people while Edward carried Giselle to a small couch that was nearest us. "Someone help please!" Edward cried out as he laid Giselle down. My heart was racing as I pulled out my phone and quickly dialed 9-1-1. Robert ran up to us just as the operator answered. "Hello - yes we need help- a woman just collapsed. No I don't know what happened I didn't see it." I panicked into the phone trying to get someone dispatched. "Oh she just fainted-" "No she didn't. You poisoned her!" A short man interrupted Edward's step-mother. "With my help I am ashamed to say." Edward stiffened up as he looked from Giselle to his step-mother. "You did this?" It hurt to hear the anguish in his voice and there was nothing I could to help. I glanced at Giselle and could see the color leave her face and the blood in my veins felt like it went ice cold. "Oh darling he's lying." Edward's step-mother said as she tried to put her hand on Edward's face. However, Edward slapped her hand away aggressively and stood tall and stern. "You lying murderous wretch! When we return home all of Andalasia will know of your treachery. Your days as queen will be over." His step-mother, the queen apparently, looked horrified by what Edward said. Her killing someone was fine but not being queen is what freaked this woman out apparently. "Take my crown?" She said in a low voice while looking at Edward with hatred. "Don't you think that's a bit melodramatic dear." "I don't know what melodramatic means. But you will be removed from the throne forever Narissa I will see to it." Edward pointed his finger in her face and she literally hissed at him. Edward and I both jumped back slightly while Robert was trying to get Giselle to wake up. Edward kneeled back down to Giselle while Narissa began speaking some weird words and flailing her hands around. I wasn't sure what was happening but before I could say anything to Edward the short man grabbed Edward's sword from the ground and held it against Narissa's throat. "That's enough of you! You viper." The two glared at each other but before I could even really understand what was happening I could hear Edward panicking. "We have to help her!" Robert looked up from Giselle and towards the short man. "What do we do?" Robert pleaded for answer but the short man hang his head low. "There's nothing we can do. She's done for I'm afraid." All three of us looked at Giselle anxiously. Then it hit me. "True loves kiss" I said as I kneeled next to Edward. "What?" He whispered as he looked me directly in the eyes. "It's the most powerful thing in the world." I said as I kept eye contact with him. Edward grinned widely and his eyes lit up. "Yes, yes of course!" He turned to Giselle but then stopped briefly and turned to look at me. I gently smiled and nodded my head.

(Edward's pov)

Robert moved away so I could take his place closer to Giselle. I kneeled down and looked directly at her. True loves kiss will break the curse. Before I could kiss her I looked at (y/n) again. It didn't feel right kissing Giselle in front of her. Or even at all for that matter. However, (y/n) just frantically nodded her head. "Do it Edward. Break the curse." I simply nodded back at her and looked down at Giselle once again. Slowly I pressed my lips into hers and kissed her gently. I pulled back and expected Giselle to be looking back at me but her eyes remained shut. I didn't understand. Once again I kissed her but she still didn't wake up. Over and over I tried kissing her but it wasn't working. "It's not working!" I shouted out and looked at (Y/N). We briefly made eye contact before she looked at Giselle. Suddenly the clock rung out loudly filling the silent room with its presence. "You'll never save her now. When the clock strikes twelve she'll be dead." Narissa laughed out mockingly to us all. I then heard (y/n) speak up. "Unless." "Unless?" I heard the man named Robert repeat her words. I looked up at (y/n) but she wasn't looking at me anymore. Instead she was looking at Robert. "It's not possible." He said before (y/n) could continue her words.

(Y/N)'s pov

"It couldn't be me. I barely know her." Robert said as if he was trying to convince himself. "That doesn't mean anything. Trust me." I say to Robert as I briefly look down at Edward. "It has to be you. Kiss her Robert!" Robert looks stunned for a moment but then nods his head to me. Edward moves back from his spot to let Robert in. Edward quickly makes his way next to me and gently pulls me closer to him and further from Narissa. Without thinking I lean into his side trying to ignore the anxiety washing over me as Giselle continues to lie there motionless. The clock rings on behind us almost mocking us as time is running out. Robert is holding Giselles' face gently in his hand and whispering something I cannot hear. He then slowly leans into kiss her right as the clock strikes midnight. As quickly as it happened Giselle lets out a gasp and sits up grabbing Robert's chest. "I knew it was you." She gently says to him as they both smile and lean into a passionate kiss. Everyone around us begins cheering and clapping while I let out a breath of relief and smile myself. I feel Edward pull my tightly into his side and look up at him. He is smiling wide at Robert and Giselle and looks down at me. As we make eye contact his smile softens and I feel my heart race as I put my hand on his chest and smile back at him similarly. Right when it felt like everything was finally over, Narissa grabbed Edward's sword and screamed out in fury. Edward quickly pushed me behind him and Robert did the same for Giselle. Narissa pointed the sword out going back and forth between us all. "The most powerful thing in the world? Hah!" She said viciously as she walked past us. "I don't think so. You have no idea who you're dealing with." Edward slowly began following his step-mother and I tried to reach out to him to stop him. Just then his step mother looked at me and glared before turning to face the entire audience of people. "You want a show? I'll give you a show." She then began to chant random words and suddenly was engulfed by orange and green flames. Edward ran back to me and shielded me from the flames with his body. His arms wrapped tightly around me and his head pressed against mine. I leaned into him and held onto him tightly in fear of what was about to happen to us. Once the flames died down we saw that Narissa was now a giant dragon. She towered over us and was still surrounded by flames. "All this nauseating talk of true loves kiss. It really does bring out the worst in me." I held onto Edward tightly and noticed Robert standing in-front of Giselle to protect her. "You know, I've been thinking." Narissa says as I bring me attention back to her. She's now looking down directly at me and Edward. I feel my palms begin to get clammy at the sight of a giant talking flame covered dragon looking at us. "If I'm going to remain queen. I'm going to need some sort of story when I return to Andalasia." She crawls closer to us and is only feet away from Edward and I. "Hmm. What if, a giant vicious beast showed up and killed everyone." Narissa says proudly as she is nearly face to face with both of us. "And poor defenseless Queen Narissa. She just couldn't save them. Let"s begin with her moronic step-son shall we?" My heart dropped and I quickly acted without thinking and stood in front of Edward. "Over my dead body!" I shouted at Narissa trying to remain calm and not let her see my fear. Narissa looked down at me and smiled sinisterly. "Alright I'm flexible."

————-
I want your opinion for the next chapter. Should Narissa take (y/n) away and Edward has to show his princely skills and save her. Or should Edward take (y/n)'s place and our brave (y/n) has to show Narissa that she is no damsel in distress and save her Prince?

Didn't think I was going to post a new chapter this soon but I feel like it's only fair since I was gone for so long up until now. Also hopefully I didn't make any typing errors because I kept forgetting to put (y/n) and was putting my name instead 🥲.