32. 𝓑𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

Start from the beginning

She knew that parents could hurt their children, it wasn't foreign to her. She had seen it with Sirius first hand. She had been there as Mrs Montague's father had set up his entire families murder.

"I've seen what people can do to their own children Nora, I'm not dumb, but there's always a way out," she replied, "Sirius is still alive and he left."

"Sirius Black is one of few enigmas," replied Nora, "not all of us have close knit friends we can run off and live with."

"Fine then. When I leave this place I will make sure to create a place where people like you can come and stay."

"Great," replied Nora, but her tone didn't sound enthusiastic. "How are you going to stop He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named from slaughtering everyone and everything in those walls?"

"I'll put protections up," she answered crossing her arms.

"The Protections your thinking about," scoffed Nora, "I can guarantee he's already found out how to break.

"If that happens then I'll fight back," said Avalon, "and I'll keep fighting until he's gone."

"And that right there is what truly makes you a naive person Avalon," mocked Nora, "people like him don't go away, they keep killing and killing and killing until their dead themselves."

"...then I suppose he'll have to die. I mean everyone does eventually."

Nora snorted so loud it echoed up the hallway, "monsters don't just willingly get old and die peacefully in their sleep. There's already rumours that he's achieved immortality."

Just as well they'd reached the stairs that led to the dungeons because the conversation was starting to make Avalon feel sick.

"I guess this is it," said Nora as she began her journey down to her common room.

"I guess it is," replied Avalon, "sorry for getting so worked up."

"Don't be," smirked Nora, "I like a good argument."

It was the silence of the night that got to Regulus the most

It was the silence of the night that got to Regulus the most. His undisrupted thoughts always overcome him as he stared up at the roof trying to go to sleep. Then if and only if he managed to ignore not only his overactive mind, but also Rosier's snoring and go to sleep he was plagued with nightmares.

It always ended with him giving up and aimlessly wandering around the castle all night with a bottle of whiskey and a massive headache. It made sense that tonight was no exception.