While I was gathering my stuff I noticed a picture on Zions desk.

It was of two little boys looked to be the same age and they were on a playground smiling and laughing. One of them was definitely Zion I could tell by his brown eyes but I couldn't figure out who the other one was.

Remembering that Zion was waiting for me I flung my backpack on my back and headed downstairs.

"Ready to go?" Asked Zion grabbing his keys

"Yup" I slipped on my shoes and we walked out the front door

~~~

"I'll have a mint chip milkshake" I ordered and stepped aside so Zion could order "I'll have a vanilla milkshake"

We sat down at a booth in a cute diner called shorties that had retro 90s vibes. There was an old couple and a couple other people in there but other than that it was basically empty.

"Out of all the milkshakes you could have picked you chose vanilla?" I questioned making fun of him a bit

"You can never go wrong with a vanilla milkshake" he stated laying his elbows on the table.

"Basic bitch" I said under my breath but I guess it wasn't quiet enough "hey you got mint. Do you know how gross that is?" He accused

"How is mint chip gross? It's literally the best ice cream in the world" I exclaimed

"Whatever" he huffed meanwhile I was happy I won this argument.

Shortly the waiter brought over our milkshakes.

"Bro why does yours have more whipped cream than mine?" Zion complained like a child. "Cause they also agree that mint chip is better" I joked

"That is completely false" he pointed his spoon at me trying to make it look like he was threatening me.

I rolled my eyes and continued sucking down my milkshake while also wondering if I should ask him about the picture.

"What are you thinking about?" Zion asked. "Nothing" I fibbed

"That was definitely a lie cause whenever your thinking long and hard on something you always clench your jaw" Zion stated as I unclenched my jaw.

"That picture on your desk of the two boys who is the second one?" I asked

Zion stopped drinking his milkshake and froze "you don't have to ans-" he cut me off "No it's fine. His name was Lee, he died five years ago"

I put my hand on his and looked at him "I'm so sorry".

He gave me a soft smile "I was best friends with him since I was six, he-he was murdered" my jaw dropped at his words.

I wasn't sure what to say "but hey I'm over it. It was five years ago" he added putting on a fake smile.

"I am very sorry for your loss" I rubbed my thumb on the palm of his hand.

"Cmon lets get you home" Zion pulled his hand away and stood up.

I felt awful for bringing the mood down "I'm sorry for asking" I said as we walked out of the diner.

"It's fine you didn't know"

The ride was silent I focused my gaze on the trees outside admiring nature's beauty.

"Can you park a little down the street" I spoke remembering my brothers think I was with the twins.

"I thought they knew you were with me" Zion narrowed his eyes at me. "Umm..well I said I was at Owen and Evans" I said awkwardly.

"Whatever" he continued driving and parked down the street from my house. "Thanks for the ride and milkshake" I said getting out of his car.

"Yup" he replied and drive off.

How can he be so nice one second and then next thing you know he's a dick?

Finding Aurora (sequel)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें