V2: Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

Lana's hands trembled as she jogged to a stop in front of the elevator beside the other woman, her heart hammering against her ribcage. She didn't recognize her, but her scent told Lana that she was werewolf. Presumably, she must have been a new addition to the warrior team.

When the elevator's doors slid open, the female stepped in. Lana was about to do the same when a high-pitched voice she knew well stopped her in her tracks.

"Lana!" At Ann's voice, Lana turned to find her coming out of the room across from where she had walked out of, accompanied by two members of the warrior team. Her long hair was a complete mess and she smiled at the men, her cheeks turning rosy. "I'll see you two later." Then, she was strolling toward Lana, a big smile on her lips. "So, yeah, last night was a big mistake."

They both stepped into the elevator when the doors slid open. "Yes, it was. The incubus had expected us and because of you, I had a one night stand with who knows who from the warrior team."

"Well since I was with Mike and James, you, my lovely friend had sexual intercourse with none other than Zane."

Lana looked away as her cheeks grew warm. "But the warrior team consists of four other—Wait, a minute! You had sex with both of them?"

Ann chuckled. "Yes. That Incubus is really powerful. Affected everyone in the club."

"I would have thought...You don't like Zane?"

Ann shrugged. "Obviously, the effects of an incubus doesn't make you have sex with someone you love, but whoever is near enough. I ran after the incubus first, then you followed with Zane, so it makes sense that you two would end up in bed together. I woke up next to the two who stopped me to return me back home."

"Do you remember everything?"

Ann nodded. "I was blinded by lust, but I still remember everything...you don't?"

Lana finished putting on her heels. "Everything is a blur." She stared at her hands for a moment. "It's like, my wolf took over."

Ann raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so you pretend to not like Zane, but the truth is that you like him too. You're a great actress my friend; you had me fooled."

"Ann, I know you love him. I'm not an idiot. This was an accident."

Ann laughed. "Lighten up—I'm not mad at you. It's not like I own Zane." She nudged her in the ribs. "So, was he any good?"

Lana's cheeks grew warm at the bits that she could remember, how she had completely submitted to Zane. "Yes."

"Oh! You really liked it! Your face says it all."

"And what about James and Mike?"

Ann folded her arms over her chest. "It was awkward at first okay. I mean waking up with two boys, no longer blinded by the effects of the incubus. And these were not just any men. They are the third and fourth in command, men trained to murder without resentment." She paused for a moment. "I never thought such feared men could be so loving." She met Lana's gaze. "I don't even want to think what my father would do to them if he was to find out."

"It's not your fault Ann."

"You know...I don't regret it. I had fun."

Lana joined her when she began to laugh before wrapping an arm around her. "Yeah, it was, but let's not repeat it."

"Agreed."

After arriving back at the club, it took no time for them to find the car; it was the only one on the parking lot. Lana practically ran to the other side when her name was called by a husky voice, but a hand grasped her wrist before she could hop in.