V2: Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

Lana met her friend's gaze. "That is an incubus? If it were, he would be using his skill so that no one would notice his presence here."

"I know. That's why I have been watching him. Seems that he is waiting for someone."

Lana leaned over the table, whispering, "Then, we should leave. As you said, he is a very smart incubus. What if he is waiting for someone else like him? Two Incubus—"

When Zane stood beside their table, it was evident the entire warrior team knew of their presence, which meant that Vance had already contacted one of the alphas to inform them about it.

Ann set her cup down. "My father knows, doesn't he?"

Zane smiled at Ann. This man never hid the fact he liked her, not even when Jackson was present. He clearly had a death wish. "Yes. Vance spotted y'all the moment we walked in here. Amazing how he can easily do such thing, isn't it?"

Ann couldn't hide her smile, even though she obviously tried. "Wasn't trying to hide from you all." Now, she met his gaze with clear challenge. "So, what? Are you going to try to force us to leave?" Before he could answer, she lurched to her feet. "He's leaving."

Lana reached out to stop Ann but caught only air. "Damn it, Ann!" She whirled around and her eyes widened when she couldn't spot the incubus or Ann. As she tried to locate Ann, she bumped against the humans dancing to the beat of the loud music.

She soon realized the effects of the incubus was already affecting everyone in the club. Those around her were dancing way to sensual and were lip-locked. She could feel it affecting her, but she fought it. When someone tried to grab her hand and pull her close, she shoved them back.

Before she could continue searching for Ann, she met the emerald eyes of the incubus in the mist of the humans lost to his effects.

He smirked at her. "Interesting. I've never met someone as strong as you."

She tried her best to hold on but she was slipping. Once they locked gazes, she was enthralled, under his complete mercy. Heat spread through her body, making her lightheaded. Desire—Lust enveloped her and clouded her judgment.

"I am truly sorry for this," he said as one of his hands went to the back of her neck and drew her closer. "But I cannot let them find her." His gaze fell on something behind her and his eyes darkened, tribal marks on his neck glowing sapphire.

It was evident he focused on all of his power now, knowing she was fighting it. The need coursing through her intensified ten fold. The incubus stepped back, still grinning. When he turned to leave, Lana moved one foot forward, but hands encircled her waist and drew her back. Her eyes fluttered closed as lips trailed a heated path down her neck before darkness enveloped her.

Lana jolted awake and grunted at the painful throbbing of her head. "Ugh, what a massive headache." She turned on her bed to realized it wasn't hers. Wide-eyed, she stared at the back of the male deep asleep beside her.

A hand clasped over her lips when she noticed the tribal marks on his shoulder blade that formed a dragon. She tried to recall what happened last night and came up blank. Ann and she had attempted to approach an obvious powerful incubus. She should have known he knew they were there and would do everything to prevent them from following him. Because of that, she had slept with someone from the red dragon.

Trying her best not to wake the male, she heaved herself out of the bed, picked up her clothes and got dressed, not bothering to put on her heels before heading out the door. A blond-haired female came out of the room beside the one she did and hung her head, heading for the elevator.