Spartan Crafts Club

Start from the beginning

"It's really in there." said Kohaku with a blank expression.

'Well, some people do need to learn the hard way to understand certain concepts that are foreign to them.' thought Rikona with the same expression.

As Ginro laid on the ground on the bridge of passing out, a thought suddenly struck which prompted him to eagerly ask, "Does it mean that Kinro and I don't have to spin that thing anymore?" His brother's eyes widened with surprise and realisation, and he diverted his gaze to the scientist.

"Yes, never again." was his reply. "This is the era of energy."

At that instance, the brothers exchanged high-fives with each other. "LONG LIVE ENERGY!" cheered Ginro with tears gushing out.

"I'm not surprised about the lazy Ginro, but even the hardworking Kinro is happy about it." pointed out Kokuyou with arms crossed.

"Spinning that thing must be really exhausting." said Suika sympathetically.

"It doesn't mean that you can take it easy." deadpanned the scientist. "I need both of you to work on other projects."

"The fighters can focus on training now." said Kohaku with sparks in her eyes. The next moment, the two brothers were sparring with her using their katanas. "Show me what you've got! The final battle is only a few months away. We must step up our training to defeat Tsukasa and Hyoga!"

Meanwhile, Senku walked towards the laboratory where Rikona was standing in front of the workbench. On top of the table was a large piece of animal hide as a makeshift paper which she'd drawn a labelled diagram of a new invention. "All done?" he asked while peering at the picture. His lips curled into a smirk as he commented, "Not bad."

"Is that all I get?" she teased.

"You know what I mean." he responded while rolling his eyes, earning a playful laugh from her. He tried to pretend to be irritated, but eventually, he gave in and chuckled with her. He took the paper from her and turned to the door, saying, "Now let's go. Things are just about to get exciting."

"Got ya, Mr. Scientist." she said with a smirk. Rikona went off to get a large log from the pile that she and Kohaku collected for the past few days. She sawed the log into a few smaller thick sections, which were then carved into gears by Senku who was struggling to get a neat cut in the wood. After cutting another section, she looked over her shoulder and couldn't resist asking, "Are you sure I can leave the sawing to you?"

"Why not?" he asked back.

"Let's be honest here, Mr. Scientist." she began, though in a playful tone. "It's been scientifically proven that your artisan skills aren't as up to par on Kaseki-san's level. Why don't we wait for him or Chrome to rest up while we do something else?"

"Don't worry." he assured. "I know what I'm doing. Besides, we don't have much time, so we need to speed things up-"

CRACK!

Adorning a deadpanned expression, Rikona stared at broken wood, and then at the mortified Senku. "So... you still want to continue?" she asked teasingly.

"Shut it." he grumbled while burying his face in the diagram. But she could tell by the pink tint of his ears that he was trying to hide his embarrassment. "I know what I'm doing. Let me try again." As he sawed another wood, his attention went to the lifeless Chrome and Kaseki on the ground behind him, and shouted, "Hey, there is no time to rest!"

"This is way too Spartan!" whined the brunette.

"Kaseki-jiichan is dying!" sobbed Suika dramatically as she held the unconscious man.