Chapter 0 (Prologue)

This is reuploaded from another website although the chapters are in a different order because I didn't write the prologue until after I published it. Also, there is a fair bit of Japanese in the MC's dialogue since that's his native language. I apologize if it's not the most accurate I don't fluently speak it, but there should be enough context clues around the words so looking up the sentences isn't needed.

Also, I created the symbol (-) to represent a time skip or larger passage of time.

(This is fanfiction. All rights, ideas and characters go to the original Mushuko Tensei author.)

After the impact, the rays then disappeared and I was left in slumbering darkness. I couldn't speak, see, or move.

There was nothing until my feeling reappeared. All I had were the elements interacting with me. Small blades of grass brushed on my fingers and feel the wind fluttering against my skin. Those were on the outside. Internally, I wanted to cry out in agony. My insides felt like they were piles of raw meat that got hit with a mallet then hit with an army of baseball bats.

Besides pain smell is the first thing I could sense with the coppery scent of the fluids rushing out of me. It could also be the smell of fresh grass and wet soil. It smelled like It rained recently. This is Way different than I expected pavement to smell. Are we by a farmer's market?...wait...Pavement?...

Oh yeah, I got hit by a truck, didn't I?

"Agghhh," I grunted as I made a futile attempt to roll off the ground. All of my bones and organs in my body felt like they had been smashed and crushed into tiny pieces. "I'm dying..." I thought. "Oh well,...it's not like my life had anywhere to go...it sucked, but at least it's over..."

The problem was I didn't die right then. That was the one possibility I wasn't prepared for. Entire religions dedicate their lives to wondering what happens to them when they die. I was now pondering what would happen to me if I survived.

People found me. I felt about eight hands taking maximal effort to haul me up from the ground. They must have needed a whole squad to carry me. Makes sense, I am a grown-a$$ man weighing over 100kg after all.

Later, I felt being then dragged by something with loud wheels going against a very bumpy floor. Did they need to put me on a special emergency stretcher? It's incredibly slow-moving.

When I had the strength to open my eyes, I found that my vision was blurry. I could still make out some things. I could not see the details of their faces, but I could tell they were pale and had a multitude of eye colors ranging from blue to green to hazel. Their hair was also lighter. The sounds and words said were unfamiliar to me. Have they transferred me to a European or American hospital somehow? Why is everyone Caucasian? Where am I?

I shifted my focus to the entire hospital. This is not a normal hospital. There's no medical equipment anywhere what do the people here expect to do with me? It looks more like a log cabin. Is this one of the holistic model therapies that were in the news. I began to plead with them for an explanation.

"Sumimasen. Nani ga okotte iru? Koko wa doko?" I barked as I tried to reach out my hand towards the many faces.

"What was that?" they said.

Another whispered into one's ear. "What odd noises he's making. Is he possessed?"

"I don't know maybe he's a new type of demon. Have you ever seen anyone with eyes that beady and what does that dark hair color mean?" they responded.

Is my voice that messed up? Most people I talked to were online so I must be out of practice using my vocal cords irl.

"Perhaps the damage to his head has ruined his speech," said another.