Not Your Seed

I'm not your girl anymore / I'm not that tween that you drove here for

~~~ 

The statement takes a moment to set in. It's so silent you could hear a pin drop, as everyone deciphers what they just heard. The tension in the room could be burst by the pin you just dropped.

Justin feels sick, almost. It's not Dan, but it's something else. But it's still Dan, in a sense. It's got his face, got his voice.

"What...?" Squid confusedly gets out.

"God, are you dense? I'm not Dan, in the traditional sense." 'Dan' says, rolling his eyes. "Oh, wait, of course you are. You're a damn squid."

Squid sputters before yelling out in indignation. "HEY!"

Now that he's facing towards him, Think can see 'Dan's' attire in full. A sky blue blazer with navy lining and collar, overlaying a white blouse with an even darker tie. A belt strapped over his waist, with a golden buckle similar to his blazer's clasps which stands out against the blue of his attire. Dark grey jeans which don't affect the striking outfit. Boots. Perfectly intertwined with the aesthetic of the mansion. Looking at him now, Justin realises how much this doesn't even seem like Dan. Dan would never wear something this formal, hell, he'd probably say that it's too tacky and tight. He much prefers the loose feeling of a jacket.

He holds an axe gripped tightly in his hand, with gold buckles and a diamond blade, with netherite carefully infused.

Justin can't help noticing that whatever he's facing, he's kept Dan's goggles on.

He's brought back to what's happening by a yell from Squid.

"What even are you if you aren't Dan, then?!" The cephalopod shouts, annoyed.

"Oh, honey, that's a secret." He laughs, before holding his axe up at Squid's throat. "But since your friends are in too much shock to process anything, I think it'll be a good idea to get rid of you now, don't you agree?" Squid looks back at the duo at the door, terrified and asking for help.

With that look, Justin snaps out of his frozen shock and pulls out his weapon, dashing between Squid and 'Dan' and pointing his sword down towards the attacker's neck. It's weird, honestly. Fighting someone who's so much shorter than you.

"Oh no you don't."

"Ah, there he is!" 'Dan' chuckles, shaking his head slightly. "Done running away from your problems then, huh?"

"...What?" He's caught off guard. What is he referring to? "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. Running away to escape punishment..god, you're truly an awful person."

How on earth does he know that?! He did tell Dan, yes, but Dan had been offline for a while when Justin left. But, if this isn't Dan like he said, then how..?

He must look confused, because 'Dan' appears to read his mind.

"Oh, I know everything your dear Dan knows. He told me, even. It's upsetting, how that's one of the first things he mentioned..."

Justin's stomach does a flip. Is it true? Does Dan really feel that way?

He's about to ask another question when an arrow narrowly misses his face, and lands square in the middle of a wooden plank. Whipping round, he spots James with his bow and arrow pointed at Dan, breathing heavily. Dan only laughs.

"Oh, there he is. The coward finally works up the strength to attack, yet he can't even shoot on point." He taunts. There's so much venom laced within those words that it physically makes Justin recoil.