Chapter 7

The morning the ship docked in London Nigel Weston was there to greet them with several carriages and wagons to transport Reggie's family and staff along with there numerous trunks. Reggie had agreed to travel with Simon on to his country home for her to meet his sister and aunt then return to London with them several days later.

        Annabel and Sophia were traveling on to the house in Mayfair and see to their settling in. Jonathon and Bradley protested their not accompanying Reggie to Simon's estate since they were after all in charge of her protection. Even David wasn't pleased about their being left behind. Both Simon and Reggie assured everyone that she would be well protected.

        Nigel was certainly surprised to learn about their marriage and Simon taking over the running of the company. "We have surprised many people," she informed him. "So what is this house like in Mayfair that you have leased for us?"

        "It's very large with around twelve bed chambers, large dinning rooms, even a ballroom with several drawing rooms and study with numerous other rooms I'm sure you will find a use for. Several would be idea for an office or two since you came with Mr. Dickson," Nigel told her. "It has beautiful gardens and a large stable in back of the property. The house is located on Grosvenor Street"

        "It's much smaller than my townhouse is and my townhouse dosn't have a ballroom. We will probably be more comfortable at your house," Simon said. "Grosvenor Street is not far from my house so if we need more servants we can have them come from there."

        "Is the house fully staffed?" she asked Nigel and he informed her it was. "I came with Bradley who will over see the staff. Bradley knows how I like my homes run."

        Once a few trunks were loaded onto Simon's traveling coach he and Regina proceeded on to Sutherworth Hall. It would take them over three hours from the docks to reach his estate. Simon enjoyed pointing out points of interest on their journey but about an hour after leaving Reggie felt tired and fell asleep waking up later to find Simon's arms around her. "I didn't want you to acquire a stiff neck," he told her smiling. "I know you didn't get much sleep last night."

        "Neither did you. I'm sorry I kept you awake. Sitting up straight Reggie smoothed her skirt out. "I know I'll be a surprise to your family but how big of one will it be to them?" Huge she imagined.

        "On you sill most defiantly be a big surprise, sweetheart. I think my sister will react more to our marriage then my aunt will," Simon explained. "Don't worry, Regina, I know they both will like you."

        Reggie chuckled. "Better I hope than you did at our first meeting," she teased him. "What is your sister, Victoria, like?"

        "She is a sweet young woman who likes to do all the things most Englishwomen enjoy doing...needle work, drawing, riding, attending parties and dancing...those sorts of things," he told her. "Our mother died when she was only ten and our father the next year. It has been just the two of us along with Victoria's governess until Aunt Silvia came to live with us not long after Alex's death. Since then Victoria's governess has left us to seek another position with a family with several young daughters."

        When they later turned off the road at a huge double gate he informed her they were now on the drive to Sutherworth Hall. "Dukedom's are territorial titles. Sutherworth Hall is a large old house with vast amounts of land surrounding it. It was built over four hundred years ago with additions added to it over the years. My father started renovations to it before he died and I completed them since his death. We have lighting and modern bath chambers with running water now. Many older estates are still not up to date for lack of funds. We have always been fortunate that every generation have been good stewards of the estate.