The legacy pt. 17 🌿 TFATWS (SPOILERS!)

Start from the beginning

'It won't... not again... I'm here to make sure it won't...'

'Okay...' you nod. 'Yeah Okay...'

'Now let's eat some breakfast and get ready...we got a busy day ahead... love You...' he leans in and pecks your lips.

'Love you too...' you watch him go over to the kitchen. You look down at your trembling hands. You quickly cover one with the other.

You hate to admit that your escaped indeed. Even though Sam and Bucky are right there, as is Sharon, it doesn't make it any less scary. You've faced bigger so why does this affect you so much? Well you don't trust them, you don't trust anyone form the government anymore.

And you're indeed waiting for that rug to be pulled from under your feet. There's still a chance that they won't give you a pardon nor any kind of apology for what they did. Not that you need an apology but it's still nice to hear that they acknowledge the things they put you through, and are still putting you through.

It also doesn't help that it's being broadcasted, maybe it's not such a bad thing, people will finally hear your side of the story.

You hope that rug remains in place. You hope.

•••

Nobody said it would be easy. Sitting there alone and hearing all the accusations made against you.

You murdered people for hydra, you controlled minds for them. You were evil and an awful person, but you truly changed. They don't see it that way. And why would they?

You glance around the crowd, even your sister and her family showed up. She gives you a reassuring smile, but you can't return it.

'Your honour... I would plead for her not to get the pardon, she did this with the right kind of mind, nobody forced her-'

You scoff with a shake of the head.

'Nobody forced her to do this...' he finished his sentence.

'Really? So torturing me both physically and mentally didn't lead to the death of those eight scientists? So your government bombing my home didn't lead me to Hydra?...' you speak up.

'What do you mean with that Miss Maximoff?' The judge asks confused.

'Misses Barnes actually...'

'My apologies missed Barnes...' the judge replies.

'and what I mean by that is that I've already gotten my punishment form the government... from that senator to be exact..' you look back and point at him.

'That man ordered to have me taken out of my home, away from the people I love to intimidate me and hurt me.. what you saw wasn't the whole video... there was at least three weeks of torture that lead up to that moment... Torres?' You ask and he nods.

The screen fills with a montage of the worst moments. Gasps and whispers fill the courtroom. It's like a switch had turned inside of you. You're not scared anymore, you're the badass woman you always have been.

'So far the only thing I've been doing for years isn't living... its been surviving... fight or flight... I am not some cheap villain... yes I have power, but so does the government... take a good look at the screen and tell me that I am the villain here... those scientist didn't deserve to die... but it was self defence...'