Numb pt. 2 🌿 Bucky Barnes.

Começar do início

'Did you uh... did you get my voicemail?' He asks, voice rough.

'I did..' you reply, your reserve crumbling. Your hardened face loosens a little as tears gather in your eyes. 'And I... I do want an explanation... but I also want to be honest with you, I don't think it will make me feel any less heartbroken..'

He nods. 'I get that...'

You step aside to let him in. You completely ignore the voice in your head screaming to just knock the door closed right in his face.

'Okay so.. I don't know where to even start with this.. after... okay so..' he can't find the right words, not with you looking at him like that.

'Right before we were supposed to go on... Dolores came up to me... and I should've known she was lying through her teeth.. she uh... she said I got a text from you.. that we were over.. that you weren't showing up...' he choked up at that. You feel the lump in your own throat growing.

'I don't know what got into me I.. I was heartbroken because I thought you wouldn't show up and that we were over... I... then the whole thing happened with Dolores...Steve ripped us apart and then I saw you..' He takes a deep breath. 'Dolores made up some lame story about you deleting the texts and all, Steve showed me the text Natasha send him that night and then it finally clicked...'

'Dolores never liked me...' you finally speak up. 'It's no wonder she would do something like this...'

'I'm just really sorry... for putting you through all of this... I saw the way people reacted so that's why I've called so much...'

'I got death threats... I had to hear the song that hurts me the most everyday since the incident...' you mutter. You're leaning against the kitchen island, your eyes averted to the floor and your fingers against your mouth, you're nervously nibbling away at them.

'You don't deserve that.. you don't deserve any of the hate... it's my fault.. everything is my fault...' he plops down on the couch, putting his hands up to his face.

'I messed up so much...'

'It's not all your fault Bucky...' your features soften. You finally look up to see him in his state of sorrow.

'I lost the most important thing in the world because I was an idiot, a naive fucking asshole...' He sniffs. He's crying again.

'Dolores was sneaky... Jamie... men rarely see it when women are nasty towards each other because we're always sneaky with those kind of things...' you walk over to the couch and sit down on the coffee table in front of Bucky.

You removes the hands from his face and put them in yours. 'When Dolores smiled after the kiss I knew, I knew that she was behind that... the look on your face said enough but I was heartbroken and stubborn...'

'I'm sorry for doing this to you...' he croaks. 'I know you won't take me back and I know nothing could make it okay... but I just want to say that I love you.. I don't love Dolores. Never did and never will... you've always been it for me...'

'You have always been it for me too... and after that vacation I was.. ready to just forgive and forget.. and now I.. I don't know what to do...'

'I get that... it's your decisio-'

You place your lips on his without any further hesitation. You always were bad at making decision. Perhaps this one would be a good one finally.

His lips melt further into yours as you lean forward. He lets himself fall back against the couch while you deepen the kiss until your lungs are begging for air.

'I love you.. Jamie... and I do remember promising some small town musician that I would stay no matter what...'

'I do not deserve you...' he breathes.

'Maybe not... but Buck..' you turn his chin to make him look at you.

'This doesn't happen again... you hear me?'

'Yes ma'am...' he nods frantically making you chuckle.

It stays silent again, but a comfortable one now, nothing compared to the first one at the door.

'Kind of sucks though.. that you fired your backup singer...'

'Why would that suck when I have one right in front of me with a voice like an angel..'

'Bucky...' you whine with a chuckle.

'I'm going to write a new song, s'gonna be more populair then yours though...I think you're gonna like it though.. it's gonna be perfect for you...' He smirks.

'Jamie... what are you up to?'

'You know what I'm gonna name it?' His smirk only furthers.

'What...'

'It's gonna be called "fuck you Dolores, I got Y/n"...'

You hum with a satisfied smile. 'That sounds like your new number one hit... does very well with the ladies already...'

'It's only supposed to work on one...is it?'

You lean forward, lips almost touching his. 'Good question...' you push your lips against his.

I gave it a good ending because I needed that, I have an ultrasound tomorrow and I am pretty scared so that's why!