Quinns POV

Quinn's P.O.V

The waves crashed into the beach. A dizzying collision of sand and salty freshening water at an never ending war.

The early morning sun glistens on the water an array of blue green and brown mixed into one body of dominant water.

My names Quinn and I'm a lifesaver. The sand crunches under my bare feet. No painted of manicured toes for me.

It's not like I have the time when five days a week I drag myself up at four in the morning right before hand and pull on my life saving uniform.

And anyway the paint would wash off from the salt and water and be chipped.

From climbing around the big cliff face to save tourists who climbed around to see the sun rise and then quite often high tide blows in at full force and then get stranded of course how else could nail polish be chipped off.

Seriously.

At low tide there's a large rock platform that you can walk up to from the beach and then it stretches around to another beach.

Caves and sea gull nests are nestled and pockmarked all over the rock cliff.

I had to once climb down from the top over the railing only harnessed to a boulder down halfway to the bottom into a cave to save a little girl who had wandered up from the beach.

Her parents had been distressed running around yelling for the child. Her mother bawled her eyes out when I was pulled back up with the little girl strapped to my chest.

Her big blue eyes had been wide and past the stage of crying when I got to her. Then I lectured her parents over watching your kid more carefully.

Like seriously ,who lets their kid wander up onto the rocks alone.

Really, some people are just so irresponsible.

Any way my uniform consists of a yellow and red bikini, ,sun shirt and for when I not in the water on a water ski doing rounds for blue bottles being blown in and venturing reef sharks.

I have a long sleeved yellow shirt and pair of red shorts to save myself from sun burn and my bright red cap with life saver in big bold letters.

I pull my hair out and let the cool wind air dry it as I slept in a bit this morning.

And didn't get to blow dry my waist length golden locks. Over the past two years of being a life saver my hair has gone from platinum blonde almost to a sun kissed golden mess of curls.

I started life saving in year twelve working two shifts a week and am now a qualified in a health and safety degree.

You'd think the pay would be really low. And it is but when your as high ranking as I am eight hundred and ninety an week is pretty damn good.

The weekend is my time off so I get to go shopping and to the movies with my friend Ashlin. Though I just call her ash.

She'd been my best friend since when we both started school and I stole her sandwich and knocked he'd to the ground. Funny how friendships start.

I pull my hair back before helping Mike my partner today set up the life saving tent. It has an open front so we can sit in the front and survey the whole beach for hidden dangers.

"Ready to get that hair wet again ,Quinny"? He says pulling of his shirt. I frown at him before gazing out at the water.

"Why what's happening"? I ask curiously walking with him to the shore line after stripping down to my togs.