Who's She?! ||19||

Start from the beginning

Somehow, these pictures look happy! I mean... I look happy in them. And Karthik, well... he looks like him only. Indifferent to everything that's happening. But with it, he looks HOT. He always looks hot.

I think I am developing a crush on him or something, nowadays. His looks, his focus, his style, even his aggression, I  find it all very hot.

But his behavior and coldness, it ruins everything.

I wish I can make him open up to me some day.

I was lost in my thoughts when the doorbell rang. I looked at the time and it was 7 PM only.

Is Karthik home early today?

Smiling, I walked to the door and opened it, expecting the person on the other side, to be Karthik.

I was wrong.

There was a girl, who looked Indian, standing with her arms crossed over her chest. She was wearing a pair of blue, ripped denims and a white sweatshirt.

Her short hair was pure black, matching her eye color. And the vibe I was getting from her wasn't good at all.

"Where is Karthik?" She asked straight.

Who's she, now?!

" I am sorry. Who are you, again?" I asked in a not-so-friendly tone.

She unfolded her arms and looked at me for a while.

"Mrunali. Karthik's... friend. Who are you?" She spoke.

"Mira, his wife" 

One sec!

Mrunali?!

M?!!

My eyes widened at the realization.

But when I saw her with more attention, her eyes were wide as well.

"Karthik's wife?!!" She exclaimed.

Why is it so difficult for all the girls to accept it?

"Yeah" I said, as casually as I could.

Mrunali. 

Another candidate for M.

I sighed at the thought and shrugged a little.

"Karthik's not home" I told her.

All I wanted was for her to go from my house as soon as possible. She looked like a problem.

"When did this happen?" She asked, confused and with a hint of anger in her voice.

"What?" I asked back.

"When did you two—" she was saying when Karthik came there.

"Mrunali?" Karthik looked at her, shock evident in his voice.

Why did he come early today?!

I mentally face palmed myself for the situation that was unfolding in front of me.

I see my peace ruining.

"What are you doing here?" Karthik asked her, confused.

Is she M?

Or another f*ck buddy of his?

I kept looking at both of them, trying to find any answer I could get.