xxi. | in the end

Start from the beginning

"Let me just say, if aliens wind implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I'm sorry," Peter spoke, making Salene tilt her head in confusion. Why would he feel prompted to say that?

"I don't wanna hear another single pop culture out of you for the rest of the trip." Tony pointed to Peter, a stern look on his face to match his tone, "You understand?"

"I'm trying to say that," Peter held his hand up to stop Tony and point a thumb behind him, "something is coming."

Salene put up her mask and helmet and looked around. The thudding of metal on metal brought her attention to the ground where a ball rolled into the middle of the group. Not even a second later, the four of them were blasted back by the explosion.

She landed next to Peter, feeling disoriented after the explosion, her head spun as she heard footsteps of more people entering the ship.

"Thanos!" She heard a man yell, her vision still spinning, she looked to Peter who seemed to be the same way as him.

Her mind cleared though when a strange woman came into her vision, her eyes were all back and she had antennae coming out of her forehead, right in the spots where Salenes horns come out when she lets loose too much of her control over her powers. They started to glow when she realized Salene was aware of her presence. Salene slapped Peter's chest as she backed, scooting with her hands and feet on her bottom.

"Whoa whoa whoa, please don't put your eggs in us!" Peter yelped as he did the same, but still shooting webs at her as best he can. Eventually, her hands were tied down and she had to hop. Salene waited for her to be mid-hop to send a small blast and knock her back.

Just as she stood up next to Peter, she felt a kick in her back, whatever kicked her must have done the same to Peter because they both went flying forward over the antennae woman.

"Stay down, Clowns," she heard and whipped her head around, seeing a man in a red jacket and a weird mask pointing a gun at her. She grabbed Peter and jumped up, using her powers to keep her up, she threw Peter away from the gunfire.

She was blasted back by the gun and gasped when she saw that Peter still managed to get captured. Salene dropped down to the antennae woman and got a fistful of hair and a good grip on her shoulder, pulling her to her feet. She guided the woman to the rest of the standoff, making the suit pull away from her fist to show her glowing hand, powering up to send a blast that would leave the alien with a stump for a neck.

"Everybody, stay where you are, chill the eff out!" The man said, he tapped something on the side of his head and his mask fell away, after that, he pointed his space-gun at Tony, "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?"

"Yeah," Tony's helmet fell away too, " I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?"

"I'll do you one better!" The man that Tony had held down chimed in, "Why is Gamora?"

"Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you," the man yelled as he dug his gun into the side of Peter's head, "I'm gonna French-fry this little freak."

"Let's do it! You shoot my guy, I blast him. Let's go!" Tony's hand turned into a giant blaster, electricity snapping as the open mouth of the blaster faced the man under Tony's boot.

"How do you think she'll look with no head?" Salene commented, the guy looked over at her with wide eyes as her own mask fell away to stare into his, she hoped to make sure there was a crazed look in them, she doesn't want any of the newcomers to underestimate her.

"Do it, Quill, I can take it!" The man under Tony's boot yelled out.

"No, he can't take it!" The woman that was in Salenes grip yelled out, she tried hopping but Salene tightened her grip on the woman's shoulder, her collarbone dangerously close to being crushed.