⏤ 33. the battle with the dragon

Start from the beginning

The boy scoffed. "As if I asked.."

Ria rolled her eyes again, but this time, after spotting the 'POTTER STINKS' badge on his robe. She had given up trying to tell students to not wear these badges since no one seemed to take her seriously after that article.

She watched as Malfoy climbed the tree. Seriously.. why? Was it just the dramatic antics running through the blood of the Blacks?

"Hey.. Ri, when did you get this close to Malfoy?" asked Blaise, as she leaned her head on his bicep. She wasn't tall enough to reach his shoulder, which often amused him.

Ria shrugged. "We aren't close! We're just— trying to tolerate each other's existence, I guess." A hypothetic light bulb glowed over her head. "Hey, Theo!" The brunette perked his head up from his textbook. "What do you know about dragons?" She asked. Theo loved dragons.

"Er— That dragons are the bestest and coolest creatures to ever fucking exist?" He replied.

"Good job. You'll just manage to impress Mum this way." Ria said, chuckling along with Blaise afterwards. Theodore rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Well, Nott? Let's imagine you're in an arena with the deadliest dragon. Would you still love them? What would you do then?" Blaise asked. Ria praised him for his unplanned, but accurate-for-the-situation question.

"I would let it burn me, honestly." Theo shrugged, going back to his book.

The two stared at him for quite a while in disbelief. "This depressed son of a bitch.." Blaise whispered in a tone of accusation.

Ria shook her head and looked up at Malfoy. "Hey, Malfoy! Can you spot Cedric from there?" She asked.

The blonde nodded. "Yeah, he's threatening the future cousin-in-law!" He replied.

Ria raised a confused eyebrow. "Who?"

"Saint Potter, who else?" He said, making Ria glower at him. She wished to pick up a rock from the ground and launch it towards him, but he was being too helpful, now-a-days.

Well.. she sighed. That means Ced knows about the first task.

Ria had herself asked Harry to tell Cedric about the dragons.. since Cedric seemed to get annoyed by him more and more, these days.

"Why so tense, Potter?" Draco called out.

"Ah.. Here we go again.." said Blaise, nudging Ria's shoulder.

Harry looked up at him before his eyes skimmed over Ria for a good second. A single ray of light shined over her face through the gap in the leaves. He felt something claw at his insides as she had her head leaned over Blaise's arm.

"My father and I have a bet, you see? I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament." He sniggered coldly, then jumped down. "He disagrees." Malfoy strutted towards the boy. "He thinks you won't last five." He laughed.

Harry aggressively walked towards him. "I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy!" He shoved him violently. "He's vile and cruel. And you're just pathetic." He glared at him before turning and walking away.

"Pathetic?" Malfoy fumbled to find his wand.

"Oh no, you don't, sonny!" A whitish wisp revolved around him, and he turned into a beautiful white ferret. It was Professor Moody.

The three Slytherins burst out laughing, making Harry turn. His face broke out into a huge grin. The laughter increased once Moody started bouncing the ferret up and down.

Soon, McGonagall rushed towards the scene. "Professor Moody? What are you doing?"

Moody was too concentrated on the ferret. "Teaching."