Chapter Three: The Guard

One Month and One Week into the War
Coruscant
0900
Boba Fett

Boba had gotten more bold in the past week, especially after he repainted his father's armor with Kagene-yan and Zenia's help. His self destructive way of handling his grief had been dulled slightly, since Zenia squirmed her way past his beskar plating and cemented herself as a rock in a storm.

Despite that, Boba had still recoiled in on himself. He glared at Mace Windu when he passed him in the hallway, something he knew that Chozo had probably been spoken with about. He glanced at his black and red vambrace. It'd taken up most of his time to make sure every part of the armor was working properly, including the jetpack.

Looking past his arm though, he saw clones chasing down a weequay. "Hey Zenia!" He called to the Padawan, who turned her head, "Watch this!"

Before the Padawan could say anything, Boba cut the thrusters on his jetpack and nailed the Weequay in the face, feet first. He rolled, sliding and then staggering to his feet. He took a deep breath, then ripped off his helmet with a breathless laugh as some adrenaline made it's way through him.

"Zee! Did you see that?!" He shouted up, as the healer folded her wings and plummeted out of the sky, stretching them out as she got near the ground and smacking his hand on the way down.

"That was wicked!" Zenia grinned as the troopers arrested the unconscious weequay.

"That was pretty reckless, mando."

Boba looked up, and the Trooper who had spoke jolted slightly. Boba squinted, trying to place the voice. "Fox...?" He tried. He knew it was someone from Alpha-17's group.

The trooper nodded. At least Boba could still place the clones.

"I'll keep this brief, I have to get a move on." Fox started, "I heard what happened to Prime. If you need someone to lean on besides her," he nodded towards Zenia, "Then you can find me at the Guard Center. This is a fresh start kid. Who knows, maybe you could rebuild the Fett aliit."

Boba felt caught off guard. He turned around and started to walk the other way, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Maybe it'd be good for you." Zenia said, hooking herself to the back of Boba's armor. Boba shrugged. It could be a good idea. It'd give him something to do anyway.

"Tell you what Zee," he hummed, pulling his helmet back on, "we'll talk about this when we get back."

-

Coruscant, Senate Rotunda
1045
Kagene-yan Kynesgrove

Kagene-yan poked her head into Senator Organa's office, knocking her third hand against the frame of the door to get his attention.

"Bail, hi, could I talk to you for a second?"

Bail looked up, a smile brandishing his face as he stood from his chair. "Oh, yes. Come in Kagene."

She closed the door behind her, taking a seat on the couch. She tugged at her sleeve, ears drooping as she looked at the carved ivory trinket attached to her belt.