Chapter 4

I check all the locks in doors and windows, before entering my room and I lock my bedroom door, too. I turn and look up at the wall to check the time. The hands of the clock show the time as 12:15 AM before starting to move faster. The seconds, minutes, and hours hand move quicker, almost giving me dizziness and stops to point out the time as 02:50 AM.

Holy smokes, I have just ten minutes before getting killed.

I immediately turn off the tube light and turn on the small 0.5W LED plug bulb, which I always keep on providing soft lighting to my room to avoid the darkness, and I hide in the space between the bureau and rhe footboard of my bed.

I have windows on both the west and north side of my room. The space where I'm hiding will be difficult for the killer to find me after discovering the empty bed. But this spot is the easiest for me to see, how the killer has killed everyone inside a locked room.

After a few minutes, I notice a small rectangle shaped shadow falling on the bottom left corner of the west side window's frame. The rectangle shadow slowly moves upward, nearing the shadow of the window door's hook.

Then I hear a sound of two metals scratching against each other, and suddenly the rectangle shadow moves to the adjacent side. Now the shadow moves up faster and in with in few seconds, I hear a clicking sound of the hook coming out of the rim.

Anyone asleep wouldn't have heard this sound. Since I'm awake, I was able to notice it. The killer must be using a thin but sturdy metal to insert between the door and frame of the window.

Now the window slowly opens, I duck lower to catch a glimpse of the murderer through the gap between the floor and the footboard frame.

First, a long cylindrical object enters the space between the window grills.

Shit, it's the barrel of a gun with a silencer.

Then a shadow slowly rises, the light from the plug LED light reveals the forehead, eyes, and the mask covering...his lower face.

The forehead, eyebrows, and eyes are definitely belong to a male. The killer's eyes turn shocked when he couldn't find me sleeping, then something catches his eyes, and he positions thd gun directly at me.

Shit. The fucking bureau mirror behind me.

I slight down to my left when I see his finger releasing the trigger, the bullet hits the bureau mirror, and the glasses shatter down on the floor.

I made the mistake of turning on the plug LED light. It covers the area until where the shadow of the bureau falls. Before the killer could fire at me once again, I lift a glass piece and threw it in his direction. All the years of winning gold medals in discus throw pay off as the glass piece flies through the space between the window grills and hits at his forehead.

He couldn't have expected it was coming. He grunts as he falls back on the ground. I duck out from my hideout and take a run toward the door. I pull the latch down, open the door, and step my feet outside my room.

But I'm standing in the south corridor on the second floor of my college wearing a Jean and top with my college bag hanging on my left shoulder. I'm not in my house anymore, wearing a nightdress. I don't look like the girl who just had a terrifying encounter getting almost killed by a serial killer.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

I scream my lungs out. I turn around to see whether anyone has noticed me, but the corridor seems to be empty. I wish I'm not the only one here. I walk straight and take a right turn to reach my lecture hall, but my face comes in contact with a muscular mass of chest, and I stumble back.