Chapter 7 - Strange Facility

Start from the beginning

KNOCK KNOCK

"Hello?"

I said, awaiting an answer.

No response.

I opened the door and saw that it was a pink room covered in pictures of rainbows and other brightly colored things.

The floor was littered with pillows, food littered tables, and there was a distinct fish smell.

The penguins are definitely in here.

"NOW!"

I heard a voice yell from above me and felt pillows bombard me from above.

"AAAAHHH!!"

I yelled as I was pushed to the ground, the weight of pillows and heavy penguins on top of me.

"Ha ha! We got him boys!"

Skipper said confidently until he saw my hand, peeking out of the pillow mess, which the nails had been painted red.

"Wait, boys, it could've been someone else. Not the doctor. Look at the culprits hand"

All of the penguins got off of me and surrounded my hand.

"Phew, finally I can breathe again. You guys are so heavy!"

I said, sitting up.

"It's not the docta! It's Y/n!"

Private said as he waddle up to me and smiled.

"Yes! I am glad you guys are alright!"

Kowalski looked satisfied and Rico looked overjoyed.

Skipper was angry though.

"Hey! It's your fault we had to get shots and have sticks shoved down our throats! This is all your fault!"

Skipper said, shouting at me.

"Hey!"

I said, glaring at him back.

"Skippa! Don't be so mean to 'er. I'm sure she didn't mean to get us into this mess"

I looked down at the pillows.

"Actually, I did want you guys to come. It would give me a chance to get to know you guys more. Strictly professional of course, but I didn't want you guys to feel hurt or like you were being transferred to another zoo or something. I wanted to get you guys a gig you would like, considering what I saw you guys do the other day."

Skipper looked at me in suspicion.

"What did you see us do?"

I told the penguins that I saw them and heard them talk about various missions and helping the animals in the zoo. I mentioned some of the inventions I heard Kowalski talking about, the many weapons and tools that Rico had in his stomach, and even the things that Private had done.

"Wow! You're practically one of us!"

Skipper said surprised.

"Well, you are welcome to accompany us anywhere, my lady friend"

Kowalski said, writing something down in his notebook.

"Ahem. 'Our'"

Rico said, clearing his throat.

Kowalski looked at him confused.

"What?"

"Kowalski, what Rico is trying to say is that she's our lady friend. Not just yours"

Private said, as Kowalski scoffed.

"Pfft. I knew that."

Kowalski turned around and I could've sworn his face got red, but it might've been just me.

"Well, you might want to hurry with your visit, one of the doctors are going to come in and give us medicine."

Skipper said, grabbing pillows and propping them up against the wall.

"Hello? Are the penguins ready for their medicine?"

I heard a feminine voice coming from the door.

I stood up and said,

"Yeah, come on in"

A girl with purple hair in long curly drills came in. She had bright purple eyes and star shaped glasses. She had a headband made of lavender roses, and pink cheeks. She wore a lavender shirt with a purple jacket and a purple skirt. She wore thigh high socks with stars on them with purple flats with small wings on them.

"Hello! I am Mrs. Fuchsia Grand. I will be taking care of the penguins prescription for today."

I shook her hand.

When she let go of mine, purple dust rested on my palm.

"Oh sorry. I'm from the Magic Entities Department. Me and my three sisters all share magic powers. I possess Poison Magic. I recommend you wash that off immediately."

I run to the sink and wash off the poison dust.

"Wait. Magic Entities Department? This facility has that? Why did they call you instead of a doctor?"

Fuchsia just giggled.

"Because I make the medicine"

I nodded.

"We aren't taking any medicine from someone who has Poison Magic! Get outta here!"

Skipper says, pointing his flipper at her.

"Oh silly penguin! I don't just make the medicine! I can make the viruses too! I can make you sick in one blow of this dust!"

She holds her hand out and the penguins step back.

"Don't worry, if you wash it off within 30 seconds, it won't seep into your skin and infect you!"

I rubbed my hand.

Glad for that.

"Now! Which medicine were these penguins prescribed. . .let's see here."

She looks at her clipboard and says,

"What is Hydrocloridiflynoride? I've never made that. . ." (Hi-dro-clor-idi-fly-nor-ide)

She continues mumbling.

"Ohhh it makes them super penguins. You guys wanna be super penguins?"

All of them nodded.

"Alright. Now, since I have poison dust on my hands, I can't give you the medicine. She will have to do it."

Fuchsia points to me.

"I have to give them the medicine!? Will it be oral medicine?"

Fuchsia looks at her board.

"Nope. It has to be through a shot."

Skipper gasps.

"NOT ANOTHER SHOT"

The others try to calm him down while Mrs. Grand and I resolve the paperwork.