"You're staying here till you're healed," Tony declared.

Peter perked up at that. He loved sleeping over at the Tower, and he'd heard Bruce saying Thor, one of the only Avengers Peter hadn't met, might even be there for a while.

Then Tony continued, and in a tone of finality quickly brought Peter's mood crashing back down. "And until Bruce has cleared you, absolutely. No. Patrolling."

"But Mis'er Stark!" Peter cried indignantly. "I gotta help pepd—people! They need S'ider-Man!"

"No buts," Tony said pointedly. "The last thing we need is you getting shot again cause you're unable to protect yourself. Spider-Man needs to take a break."

Peter opened his mouth to argue, but Tony shot him a stern look. "I'm sure May would agree," He said, raising his eyebrow in a silent threat.

All words of protest died in Peter's throat. "Fine," he muttered, pouting slightly.

"Glad we're in agreement!" Tony smiled, then turned to Bruce. "Once the morphine's run through his system, send him up to his room."

Bruce and Peter both nodded, the latter somewhat reluctantly.

At least he'd get to meet Thor.

_________________________________

"Ah, Man of Iron!" A loud booming voice greeted, echoing down the hallway.

Tony grimaced. Thor always seemed to manage to catch him off guard. "Hi, Thor," He replied with a grumble.

"I heard we have a new hero aiding our efforts to protect Midgard!" Thor grinned, rubbing his hands together. "When can I meet him?"

"Uh, actually, nows not a good time," Tony shrugged. "You know how it is, meetings and what not. Plus, Spidey's a bit challenging to get ahold of..."

"Nonsense!" Thor bellowed cheerfully. "Rhodey was just telling me how the young hero is staying here, healing up and preparing for his next battle against evil. I'll just head up to his room and introduce myself!"

Tony shot him a stone-cold glare. "Again, this can wait."

"But—"

"Nope," Tony interjected. "No buts. You're waiting till Spider-Baby gets better and that's that."

Thor tilted his head quizzically. "I didn't know you were the boys father."

Tony gaped. "I'm NO—"

He was interrupted by a loud cackle from the other room.

"I told you you're a dad!" Clint cried, stumbling through the door way, a wide grin on his face.

"Shut up, Legolas," Tony growled, gritting his teeth.

"I gotta go tell Nat!" Clint declared, dashing towards the training room.

"BARTON!" Tony shouted, taking off after him. "DON'T YOU DARE!"

Their shouts faded, and Thor was left standing in an empty room, a thoroughly confused look on his face. "So Stark isn't the boys father...?"

______________________________________

Peter yawned, stretched, and sat up drowsily in bed. Light filtered through the window blinds, casting gentle shadows on the somewhat messy room before him, the dust particles floating in the air giving it an aura of fantasy.

Peter had been staying at the Tower just over two days now, and the wound on his shoulder was almost completely healed. Except for some mild discomfort when he put too much weight on it, he felt fine. Unfortunately, since he wasn't 100% better, Tony still felt that he had to hold off on patrolling, despite Peter's efforts to convince the older man otherwise. At least he got to stay at the Tower. That was definitely a plus. He was also very fortunate this had happened during spring break, otherwise his teachers would have certainly began to get suspicious.