💛 🌤️ - Daisy, right?

Începe de la început

He gets interrupted by Zander's chuckle. He stares at the direction of the quiet laugh, a sour look on his face. "What's so funny?"

"Did you really think it's that easy to confess your feelings? If it really was, you would have done it years ago, wouldn't you?"

His only response is turning his gaze away from him.

"It's Daisy, isn't it?"

He darts his eyes back toward Zander in alarm. "What?"

"Daisy. Do you like her?" Zander downs the cup, holding it in his hand as he advances the sink. Jake looks at him in pure disbelief.

"I'm not stupid, Jake. I don't know if the others know, but I thought it was fairly obvious." He rinses the cup with tap water before shutting the water off. "Am I wrong?"

Jake blinks a few times, apparently astonished at how obvious he probably was. "Yeah. It's Daisy. What do you think I should do?"

Zander takes Jake's now empty cup and promptly washes it. Both cups are placed back in their respective places to dry off. He hoists himself up on an empty spot on the counter and motions Jake up.

The two sit on the counter in silence for a few seconds before Zander responds to Jake's question. "Do you want to go out with her?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Would you want to go out with her now, if you could?"

Jake looks at him, confused. "Do you want me to tell her now or something?"

Zander slightly leans back, putting his hands down behind him to support his weight. "No. But if we were at school or you two met up right now, would you want to be dating her at this very moment?"

Still slightly confused, Jake slowly nods. "Yeah, I guess."

"What's keeping you from confessing? Rejection?"

"Isn't that how you felt?"

Zander looks at Jake, a small smile on his face. "Yep. But chances are, you won't have someone else kissing her, and won't have to confess because you thought it was too late."

Jake gives a pfft, knowing Zander's just trying to cheer him up.

"Hey, I'm serious! You two are both popular and pretty, you have a chance with her." He says these words without thinking, and once he realizes, he flushes in embarassment.

"Haha, you think I'm pretty?" Jake teases him, knowing he'd probably live to regret it.

Zander pushes him away in denial. "Shut up, you know what I mean."

"Mind explaining?" He snickers as Zander gets off the counter and exits the room. Jake hops down shortly after, following Zander into the hallway.

-

Zander's POV

-

I halt right before the stairway when I find Luke descending toward the first floor. He rubs his eyes, peering in our direction. "Sweetie? Are you okay?" He doesn't seem to notice that Jake's behind me, as he only acknowledges my presence.

Jake stands where he is, not moving in fear of being spotted. I look behind at him before facing Luke. "Yeah, I'm fine. What are you doing up?"

Luke walks toward me, holding my hand, and looks at Jake. "I heard you two talking about something. It's really late, I hope you weren't at each other's throats."

I give a smirk at Jake before answering. "We're fine. Jake needed some dating advice from someone who had experience, is all."

Jake gives me a look of amused denial and walks past us toward the empty room. "You two do your stuff, I'm going to sleep."

"Wait."

He halts at the entrance to the room and turns around at me, waiting for what I have to say.

"Confess if you want to be with her. But be prepared for rejection, you never know what could happen." I pause for a second before continuing. "And don't play any more Minecraft. I'd feel left out, and we should all be sleeping."

We exchange a shared smile before he goes into the room, enveloped in the curtain of darkness.

Luke nudges me, bringing my attention back to him. 

"Daisy, right?" 

"Yep." 

- word count: 1215 

𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓾𝓮: Romantic Lander angst-fluff (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ