Chapter Two - The Chase

Natalie's POV: 
So... Quick recap.
I walk down the alley we found Aria in, find two more children, get attacked by a man and currently have a knife to my throat. It's been an eventful day so far and it's only 11am.

I feel the blade push slightly into my throat. It hurts. After taking a few deep breaths, I look my attacker in the eye, trying to not look scared.
"Are you listening to me? What should you NOT do to me?" He shouts in my face, slamming me against the wall multiple times. I can try to not look scared but it's not going to work. With a shaky voice, I whisper,
"Lie."
"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU. SPEAK LOUDER."
"I shouldn't have lied to you." I say louder.
"Good. Now, I can tell you're stupid enough to, once I let you go, go to the police. So, the only logical thing for me to do... Is to kill you."

He lifts the knife above his head and I tightly shut my eyes, waiting for it to come. For death to arrive and take me away.

It doesn't come. The knife doesn't swing back to hit me. I slowly open my eyes. The man is no longer pushing me against the wall. In fact, he is on his knees, clearly in pain. The eldest girl is stood behind him and I can tell that she just kicked him in his crotch.

I smile and grab the youngest girl from her hiding place and grab the eldest girls hand. We start running out of the alley but hear footsteps behind us. The man catches up to us and pushes us over before we reach the street. He drags the knife across my arm then moves to the children. He cuts the older girl's leg and the younger girl's stomach. I quickly kick him in the face, get up, grab the girls and run. We reach my car and I put the girls in the back seat then get into the front. I know we have to get to the hospital because he cut the girls pretty deep.

I don't even know these girls but I'm going to help them. Who knows, maybe it will end up like Maiya and Aria! That could be fun.