"Want a drink?" a guy twice my height yelled over the music to me.

"Sure!" I yelled back and waited on him to throw me a beer. I wasn't a big drinker but I had sat at home alone enough to learn how to drink. I popped the tab and took a sip.

"Abby?" I heard someone from behind me.

It was Ben. I was glad to see someone I was acquainted with.

"Glad you could make it!" he said, hugging me and kissing me on the top of the head. He sure is friendly.

"Wanna dance?" he smiled.

"Um, ok, sure," I said. Why not? I didn't see Alex, NOT THAT IT MATTERED I tried to tell myself.

We walked into the living room and found a small space between two couples to squeeze into. To my relief it wasn't a slow song, and I hadn't heard any since I had been here.

"Here," someone tapped me on the arm. I looked down to see a joint being passed to me. I have never smoked it before, but what could it hurt? New me, right?

I inhaled a short drag off of it before passing it to Ben, who I'm pretty sure could've finished it off on his own, but he passed it on.

"Wow Abby, didn't take you for such a party girl," Ben grinned at me. "Let me get you something," he said as he walked to the kitchen. I scanned the crowd while he was gone but it was still made up of unfamiliar faces.

"Here," he handed me a red paper cup, "an iced tea made especially for you." he winked.

"Thanks," I nodded.

Seven songs and a couple teas later, I was getting a little too comfortable with Ben.

I wrapped my arms around him and leaned my head against his chest and proceeded to slow dance to a fast song. He didn't seem to mind.

"Thanks for my drinks Ben," I smiled, "I needed to loosen up some."

He rubbed me on my back.

I suddenly jumped back, releasing my hold on him.

"Celia! Hi Celia!" I ran up to her as she walked through the door.

She cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Julia? Are you drunk?" she asked.

"No, I've just had a few..well..maybe" I said.

She started laughing.

"This should be entertaining," she continued to laugh as she walked passed me.

"But wait, where's your brother?" I asked, thankfully she was too far away to hear me.

Ben came over and put his arms around me as he chuckled.

"I need to pee," I said, "where is the bathroom?"

"Right up here," he said grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs.

We came to a room at the end of the hallway and he pushed the door open.

"See you soon," he smiled.

I walked in the bathroom and tried to collect myself as I sat on the toilet.

Maybe I should leave. I can't risk embarrassing myself like I almost just did.  Whoa, I wonder how they make the floor move like that?

I washed my hands and stumbled out of the bathroom.

"I think I'm going to go," I told one of the Bens I was seeing.  Yep, definately time to go.