"The One" (Day : 1 - Family / In-Laws)

"I'm telling you guys she's the one." Dick Grayson announced proudly as he curiously watched the young raven-hair maiden walk through the lifeless hallways one late-afternoon. The young maiden would go on daily strolls and just admire the ancient décor almost as if they could retell tales of when the halls were crowded with counts and duchesses of neighboring kingdoms. Now their hallways were dark and lonely only lit by candlelight casting a soft glow to shoo the shadows away. It almost appeared like the candles didn't want the maiden to walk in the darkness that dared to consume the old castle.

Raven was her name and she was different from any other maiden that had come to their castle a few centuries back. Her long raven-hair was woven into a single braid, holding it together was a simple white worn out lace. Her skin almost pear-like that glimmer under starlight. She was the one, Dick kept repeating to himself. The one who could lift the curse that had fallen onto his youngest brother and their family.

Dick Grayson, along with two of his younger siblings, Jason and Tim, continued to look at Raven as she carefully wiped the expensive china set that has been collecting dust over the centuries. Just then a gust of wind transpired between them as Sombra, Raven's pet raven came flying through an open window screeching happily at it's mistress.

Raven giggled as her beloved pet landed on her arm, "how was your flight?" She asked as she gently scratched the top of Sombra's head. "It is rude to stare at a lady from the shadows, tell me did your master send you?" Raven turned her gaze towards the ceiling where Dick and his brothers had been watching.

Raven was extraordinary indeed. One of the many reasons why Dick kept pushing his brother; Damian to court her was because of her gift. She was able to see spirits. Yes, spirits. Dick and along with his half-siblings had been cursed from their physical forms, making them roam their home as simple spirits. While Damian had been cursed to take on the shape of a hideous black fur beast. Over the years the few people who were able to past the mighty demon-creature who guarded the gates to their castle, they would immediately flee believing the castle was haunted. Most of the times it was just Dick moving objects and trying very hard to communicate to their unexpected guests that there were cursed members being contained within the castle.

Coming back to the present; Dick, Tim, and Jason floated towards the ground as Raven stood with her arms crossed awaiting their response.

"Forgive us my dear lady, but we were just simply making sure you were well." Dick said happily, hoping to lively the mood.

Raven who wasn't hiding how irritated she was with their hovering continue the interrogation, "Did your master put you up with this?"

"Master? You mean Damian? He's not our master - though he sure does like bossing us around- he's our youngest brother." Tim added.

Raven lifted her right brow once she heard his statement. "Brother?... I'm sorry but I don't see the resemblance, shouldn't you all look like him?"

Dick grimaced, they should had explained to her their situation, but Damian stubborn just like his father ordered them to keep their family affairs to themselves and not let any outsider meddled. "I apologize but we are not at liberty to discuss certain little details. We saw you were admiring the décor, if you have any questions on them, I would be happy to discuss them with you."

Jason then floated closer to Dick and quietly as he could whispered into his ear, "I'm not sure about this. We're all supposed to keep at a distance from her, what if Damian finds out-"

Dick quietly hissed back, "Damian could get upset with me all he wants, we have a guest to entertain." He then turned and bowed towards Raven, the way Alfred, the family's butler had once showed him. "My fair lady, if you could just follow me this way and I will show you an old painting drawn by a painter who painted right before a battle between a knight and dragon."

"And just where do you think you're going?"

A menacing growled shook the hallway, the candles that were lit simply extinguished themselves as a hard-cold breeze flew around them. Only one candle stayed lit near the spirits and Raven. Being filled with fear, Sombra took off in flight exiting through an open window. Cast in shadows, he, the castle's master stayed hidden. Only his emeralds eyes pierced the darkness, he was tall and so his gazed looked down upon his older brothers and the young girl that now inhabit his castle. Upon seeing her, not ever blinking or showing fear, instead her gaze held one of repulsion, he snarled and showed his brilliant white sharp teeth.

"What are you doing out of your room?" He questioned through clenched teeth.

Raven not backing down, nor blinking away from his deathly stare, "You said I was allowed to take a stroll, if I pleased."

Dick was about to intervene when Damian grunted and lowered himself to be eye-to-eye with Raven. In the shadows Damian could not be seen, to the creature he was forced into. A beast, large like a bull almost resembling that of a minotaur cover in black fur with a black lion-like mane running from his head to back. His horns dark as a moonless night. His front paws were very large and could crush a human skull so easily.

"I did, but I requested you to stay only in your dorm's hallway. Not venture further out." Damian added so coldly.

Way to charm her, Dami, you're ruining our chances of having a sister-in-law. Dick couldn't help but think to himself. His younger brother lacked in lady skills, which was odd since Bruce, their father had his ways with women. "Damian, that's no way to speak-"

"Shut your mouth Grayson and you go back to your room if you know what's best for you."

Raven narrowed her amethyst eyes. "Jerk." She cursed under her breath before turning and heading towards a stairwell that lead her to the upper corridors where her room was located. Damian only snarled and very quickly like wind itself exited the hallway through a narrow twisting stairwells that lead ascended to a room located in one of the castle's towers, where Damian looked out to view the world he was forced to hide from and guard both a treasure and a cursed item from anyone bringing him ill wills.

"You're sure these two are a thing?" Tim questioned as Damiana and Raven were no longer in sight.

Dick patted both of his brothers back and then motioned them to follow him towards the castle's ballroom where his fiancé and sisters waited for them. "I'm certain, we just gotta give them a gentle push."