Chapter 59- A New Threat

Start from the beginning

After a few hours Flash got Rose's attention by snapping in front of her. She had fallen asleep but woke up and noticed it was night.
"Coleman."
"Thompson."
"I can't sleep, and I want to prove I can beat your ass in chess."
"You don't have a fucking chess board," Rose yawned and rubbed her eyes.
Flash pulled out his phone and opened an app.
"No shit," he moved a black pawn on the chess app and handed it to Rose, "Your turn."
"You woke me up for this?"
"Yes, your turn or I'll claim the win."
"Playing into my competitive side," she sighed and took the device, holding back a yawn, "Fine."

Neither of them were good at chess.

——————————

The class got off the plane in Venice, Ned apparently had started dating one of their classmates Betty during the flight. Rose and Flash however began constantly insulting each other, from the moment they were off the plane.
"Your hair is blue, I can't take you seriously you look like cotton candy," Flash retorted.
Rose flicked the blue baseball cap he was wearing off his head and rolled her eyes, "At least I don't dress like a divorced dad."
Kylie taught her what that meant.
"All you wear are jeans and a hoodie!"
"And I still look better than your dumbass."
Before the two could continue Mr. Harrington stepped forward towards the group and clapped his hands together, "We are going to drop out bags off at the hotel and then tour Venice for a bit!"
They all did just that, taking a bus to their hotel before a few of them got changed to head out.

Ned and Rose watched Peter try and find the "perfect" necklace for MJ. Eventually he settled on a dark flower, with Ned giving advice on what women like.
"Ned you've been dating for less than 24 hours," Rose pointed out.
"I know, but I can just tell we were meant to be soulmates," Ned sounded sincere, it made Rose feel sick, "You just wouldn't know what it's like to be in love."
"If being in love makes me like this I'll pass."
Peter walked out with his bag, "There are other types of love, Rose do you love us?"
It was clear they were trying to mess with her, although she only shook her head.
"Love is a strong word for two idiots."
The two boys gasped pretending to be hurt, although it was clear they were only messing around.

Peter ran off to talk with MJ, while Ned ran off to ride in a boat with Betty. Rose decided to walk around and enjoy some silence, walking by a canal and staring at the water. The water began to ripple and wave in odd ways. Rose got down on one knee and stuck her hand in the water, she could feel it vibrate slightly. She recoiled and stepped back, what was in the water? Thankfully her question was answered not long after. An explosion of water sent everyone nearby flying backwards, those in boats were pushed away at quick speeds. Screams erupted and everyone turned to see what happened. A creature at least four stories tall emerged from the canal, it was made by the very element it came from. It was like the air monster Fury showed her the video of, except water and much bigger up close.
The teen bolted over to Ned and Peter, who were discussing amongst themselves.

"I left my suit back at the hotel room!"
"Why?!"
"Because I'm on vacation! They'll see my face!"
Rose ran over and pointed towards the people, "Ned get out of here and help other people too. Parker I don't think your webs will do anything against it but try and keep its attention away from the people. If you keep moving people won't see your face."
Rose was quick to give commands, the other two not arguing. Rose herself ran to a nearby shop that got hit with the powerful wave of water, helping anyone inside get up and get out. As she was helping an older man limp out she watched the man in the green suit and purple cape appear out of nowhere. He began attacking the monster, and actually appeared to be doing something to hurt it.

Peter yelled to the man about how he could help, something about being strong and sticky. Rose ran out and waved to catch the man's attention as well, running up to join Peter.
"If you want to help lead it away from the people, I'll take care of the rest!" The man quickly flew off to attack the monster again.
Peter had some sort of mask on his face he stole from a nearby stand, Rose only noticed as he took off down the canal. The monster followed, Rose ran as fast as she could along the sidewalks to keep up. The water creature slammed into the side of a building, which caused the front wall to begin to collapse forward.
"BUILDING!" Rose screamed, loud enough that Peter heard and turned to web up the wall so it didn't fall.
The man in green was alongside them the entire way, shooting what could be described as beams of dark green gas at the creature.

They kept going, Rose helping people along the way get to safety. They reached a point where there was no more length of the canal to run. A nearby bell tower got hit hard, the building began to crack and pieces of stone tumbled into the water. Peter swung up to the top and shot webs attaching it to nearby structures, then using himself to try and keep it from falling. Rose knew she didn't have the strength to help, and whatever the purple-caped man was doing didn't involve her. She swept the area, thankfully all civilians seemed to have gotten to a safe distance. Many had their phones out recording, but Rose and Peter seemed to go unnoticed. As she ran to get out of the way herself, the bell tower took another hit. Whatever was happening at the top made it so that Peter's webs snapped. It came crashing down, so to not get crushed she dove into the water and out of the way. By the time she reached the surface, the monster had been destroyed by the man's powers. Cheers were heard from bystanders, and in the collapsed tower a soaked Peter climbed out.

"I hit my head on the bell," Peter held his head in his hands, throwing the mask aside, "I need an Advil."
Rose pulled herself out of the water and climbed onto the pavement. She coughed a bit before standing up, helping the other teen do the same. The two of them limped their way back to the hotel, along the way the pager clipped to Rose's belt beeped.
"What was that?" Peter asked.
She sighed, "I think our vacation might be over."
If it wasn't for the headache, Peter might have screamed.

——————————

Rose checked her pager, it only said two words.
Parker's Room
She looked at MJ, who she was sharing a room with. The other girl had fallen asleep, so Rose snuck out and down the hallway. Inside Ned was knocked out on the bed with a dart in his neck, Peter was frozen with a toothbrush in his mouth, and Nick Fury was sitting on an armchair holding a dart gun.
"Hello Fury," Rose shut the door behind her and walked over, leaning against a wall.
"Hello NA," he replied.
Peter looked back and forth between the two, putting the toothbrush down, "Do you two... know each other?"
Rose nodded, "Where do you think I get all my information about where across the globe to run off to? I'm a high school student, I don't have time to do that all myself."
Fury leaned forward a bit towards Peter, "I used to know everything, then I come back five years later and a teenager is ignoring my calls. I saw you at the funeral, but it didn't seem like a good time to approach you."
Rose scoffed, "You approached me."
Fury ignored the comment and went to speak until there was a knocking at the door.

Their teacher peaked into the room, thankfully not noticing Fury who was in the dark.
"Just wanted to know if anyone needs some emotional support after today," he said.
"We're good thanks," Peter replied, so the teacher gave a thumbs up and left.
Fury started speaking again, "So as I was saying-."
"Ned? You haven't been answering my texts," Betty was knocking on the door.
"He's asleep!" Peter replied.
"Oh ok, goodnight!"
"If one more person knocks on that door we are going to be going to another funeral," the Shield director placed a device on the coffee table.
The device lit up with a 3D hologram on the world with different locations marked on the map. He explained the situation with the wind creature in Mexico to Peter, who shook his head.
"I'm sorry doesn't that Mysterio guy have it covered? I'm on vacation," Peter questioned.
"He needs help, so I volunteered you two. Now suit up and let's go."
Rose got off the wall and walked towards the door to head back to her room, "Be back in a minute, are you coming as well Parker?"
He groaned and ruffled his hair, "Yeah yeah let me put on the suit."