Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10

Start from the beginning

"Yes." I stuck my cheek out and she gave it a quick peck before running to cling to Mirio's leg. I heard Uraraka cooing while Mirio bid us a goodnight and left.

I helped Uraraka put on the dainty necklace while she lazily flipped the pages of a Japanese National Magazine. We looked over the cover of Mirko and Mt. Lady posing, looking powerful and defiant.

Ochaco leaned back on me, and I wrapped an arm to her to steady our balance.

"That's gonna be us two one day in the future. Promise me, Florence." I was startled at how serious she sounded, she was holding up her pinky.

I hooked my own with hers, "I promise." I didn't expect to get that close to Uraraka, she was a bit shy and awkward at first, much like myself. Now, I was grateful, she was so supportive and caring, making sure to stay by my side even when I felt confused and lost. She kind of reminded me of Alina from middle school, except this girl didn't judge me. She accepted me with all my flaws and we remained glued to each other's side.

I took a shower in our bathing room, going to my dorm to change into comfortable pajamas. I had tossed on a simple, light gown while I watered the plants in my room, they were all growing beautifully and I wanted them to survive for as long as possible.

I was finished, relaxing on the hammock that Sero helped me set up while I read through a manga that he and Shoto both recommended. I had went through all of Bakugo's romance novels, so I needed something new to read to help pass the time.

I was getting hooked into the story, my thumbs were turning the pages as I quickly tried to understand the scenes that were unfolding before me. The door opened and in stood the boy that my mind would drift off to.

I already knew the entire guitar set I had to play, Mina had spent these two weeks drilling our dance moves into my head until it was muscle memory. I was prepared for tomorrow's concert, but Bakugo being the perfectionist he was had stayed overtime with Jirou to practice on his drumming skills. Now, he must've called it quits for the day.

I studied him, taking in the scent of the shampoo he uses and the light hint of cologne, the dull smell of caramel always seemed to overshadow whatever spray he used. He had few droplets dripping off his bangs, he peered at me with calm ruby eyes. His arms were showing from the simple, black tank top he wore with pajama pants. I smiled slightly at the All Might socks.

"If it isn't the prettiest girl in the world," I blushed, unused to the compliments he'd slip in every so often. I couldn't explain how much I loved his voice, it was so gruff and raspy, strained but in my favorite way.

I released a grin, showing how happy and enamored I was to see his idiotic self. I swung off the hammock, running towards him as I jumped in his arms childishly.

"I missed you." I sighed against his lips and he smiled, a real one that always made my chest warm.

"We were only away from each other for like three hours, moron," He mumbled, but was lifting me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist, burying my head into his neck to give him quick kisses. Bakugo carried me to the bed as I refused to let go of him, he wasn't bothered. I traced the smile he had on, admiring the way his pupils also dilated as he gazed at me.

"Ugly girl," Bakugo muttered, staring so deeply that I felt like he could see right through me, to the very roots of my soul that laid there in vulnerability, I knew he wouldn't judge me in the slightest.

"Call me that one more time and I'm kicking you out." I pulled on his cheek, narrowing my eyes at him playfully.

"You wouldn't." He shouldn't dare me in such a way.