You started to laugh really hard. "God Spence you haven't changed a bit, still so gullible. I could tell you I'm dead and you're talking to my ghost and you'd probably believe it!" You can't stop laughing as you speak.

Spencer lightly hits your arm "come on y/n don't do that to me!" He says this very seriously but you can tell he's trying to hold back his laughter.

"Okay okay I'm sorry. You're just too easy. Anyways I ended up going to Arizona State University." You bite your lip a little bit.

Spencer drops his fork and looks up at you. "No way y/n!! I can't believe it!! That was your absolute dreammm. I'm so proud of you!" He's smiling so hard you'd think he just got excepted into ASU.

"Thanks Spencer I was really excited about it too. The school was just as great as I had always imagined." you smile at him.

A few minutes later Spencer grabs your containers and throws them in the trash. He comes back soon after and sits down next to you. Both still facing each other.

"Tell me Spence, how's your mom?"

"She has her bad days and her good, but over all she's better then ever since she's been in that facility. I write her everyday and try to call her at least twice a week." He smiles and you can tell it's because he's happy his mom has been so well.

"That's really great. I miss that women so much. She was always the sweetest."

"You'll have to come with me some time to visit her. I know she will be so excited to see you." he smiles.

"That would be amazing." You smile back.

"So how's your family?" He asks with genuine curiosity.

"Well Nathan's married and just had a baby girl a few weeks ago, and Ben scored an awesome job helping to write movies. He also has a really sweet girlfriend." you take a pause.

"Dads good too. We are still really close as always. He's retired now so I feel like he's always calling me. It's hard for him that I moved to Virginia but he's happy for me. When I was still in Vegas I'd visit him almost everyday." You smile softly to yourself thinking about how wonderful your father is.

"Wow they all sound like they're doing great. I'm glad to hear that. It's funny because it feels like you're catching me up about my own family." He chuckles a bit. You notice he thinks for a second then scrunches his eyebrows. He looks kind of confused.

"y/n.. you didn't say anything about your mom?" You see him get a little concerned.

You were hoping he wouldn't notice that and your breathe hitches a bit. You feel tears fill your eyes as you are looking at your lap. You look up at him and without even having to say a word you can tell he already knows but is searching for some sort of assurance.

After a few seconds of silence you begin to speak. "She passed away three months ago. It was cancer." You see tears begin to fill in Spencer's eyes. Although Spencer and your mom weren't as close as he was with the rest of the family, you could tell it still hurt him.

He pulled you into his lap and held you as close as he could.

"I am so sorry y/n." Without even realizing it your now balling into Spencer. Holding on to him like your life depended on it. After what felt like the longest 5 minutes of your life Spencer pulled you out of his lap and got up. You were really confused by this. One second he was holding you in his arms as you cried into him and the next he gets up and goes to the kitchen without a word. You don't even notice your tears begin to slow down because you're too confused to even focus on that anymore. About 3 minutes later Spencer walks back into the living room holding two mugs which confused you even more. Did he really just leave me crying by myself to get us refreshments?

He hands you a mug. "Take a sip." he gives you a soft smile and holds your unoccupied hand in his. You give him a suspicious look.

"No I did not poison your drink." He laugh, almost reading your mind.

You give him a small laugh back and take a sip. It's definitely tea, but why is it so overwhelmingly sweet?

You put the mug down and just stare at him. He grabs your other hand so he's holding them both and looks deeply into your eyes and begins to speak slowly.

"Tea represents everyday average life, and the honey represents the sweetness we add to it. You are the sweet honey of my life y/n."

You then realize what he's doing. You look at him with your mouth slightly parted. You can't believe he remembers that.. and word for word? A tear slips onto your cheek and he gives you a soft smile and wipes it off, pulling you into a really meaningful hug.

"Spencer. I can't believe you remember that. After all this time, and you remember." You pull out of the hug to look into his eyes. You feel all the love you have always felt for this man flowing into your heart.

He gives you a really genuine smile and pushes your hair behind your ear then cups your face. "Of course I remember y/n. You have no idea what that had always meant to me. You were there for me when I had nothing. You always told me I was the sweet honey of your life, but little did you know when you said that phrase all I could think about was how you were mine." He kisses your forehead very softly and you smile up at him.

"So what movie are we watching?" You ask him.

"Hmm how about the Breakfast Club?" You kind of chuckle at him.

"Spencer what? You hate that movie!!" You begin to laugh even harder.

"Yeah I know but you love it. Besides it's not THAT bad. I just don't get it." He starts to laugh along with you.

"Well if you say so. The breakfast club it is!" You point your finger in the air and he laughs at you. He puts on the movie and you snuggle into him as he puts a blanket over the two of you. This is a feeling you never thought you'd have back in your life. Something you never realized you missed so much until you had it back. You never want to loose it again.