11: Firework Display

LOUIS

"Where's Perrie?" Stan asks, looking over at me. I look up from my mobile, where I've just been playing a game, trying to ignore the splitting headache I acquired today. Stan looks genuinely worried about Perrie, so I pause the game and toss my phone aside.

"Beyond me," I inform him. 

"I'm calling her," he announces. Everyone in the room groans or rolls their eyes.

"Stan, just leave it," I say. 

"What if something happened? She's always here!" Stan protests. I hold my hands up in surrender and watch him frantically dial Perrie's number. He's always fancied her- I mean, who wouldn't? She's fit. Thing is, though, I know for a fact that Perrie doesn't feel the same way about Stan. Okay, maybe not for a fact, but I'm pretty positive. I can usually tell this sort of thing right away. "Perrie? Oh, thank goodness!"

I roll my eyes and stay quiet so I can hear her reply. I only catch a few words, but it's enough. "FIFA.... waffles... D in History... tutor.... Louis was right... is very cool... fittie..."

What was I right about? It could've been anything I said to her ever, so that doesn't really narrow it down. I mean, I'm always right, so how am I to know exactly how I was right in this particular instance? 

"Oh... well, okay then," Stan says. Without a goodbye, he pulls the phone away from his ear and hang up. "Well, she's fine."

"Where is she?" I ask, trying to hide the satisfaction I'm feeling regarding my being right... as always. 

"At her house," Stan says, rubbing the back of his neck. 

AKA the Place Perrie Never Invites Us. "Oh," I say with a shrug. "She just went home all alone? To do what?" Of course, I've already deduced that she's playing FIFA, eating waffles, and studying, which sounds just like her. 

"No, she's not alone. She got a tutor," Stan says. "Thanks to you, Tomlinson. And, she thinks he's fit! How brilliant of you. Some friend you've been."

"Whoa, whoa, what did I do?" I say, holding up my arms in surrender. I don't remember matching Perrie up with some geek. And I've never heard anyone say the words 'tutor' and 'fit' in the same sentence, unless the tutor was a professional, not another student.

"Well, you never shut about those dickhead friends of yours! She was bound to go after one, the way you hype them up- especially that loser, Payne."

"Don't call Liam a loser," I snap, instantly. A moment later, I process the information I've just been given, slicking my hands across the leather of the couch. The drama room suddenly feels a bit stuffy, and I suck in deep breaths so I don't cause a scene or something. "Wait, Liam's her tutor?"

"Yeah," Stan says, groaning. "Her 'fittie, new best friend, good at FIFA, can make waffles, smartest guy she knows' tutor!"

"Stan, I'm sorry, I didn't know Perrie even needed a tutor! She's always getting better marks than us in all our classes."

"Sure, Lou. Just save it. You really haven't been yourself today, have you? You're so... different." And with that, he picks up his bag and turn on his heel, over rotating a bit to face the door. I roll my eyes at his oh-so-dramatic exit and start to follow him, but then I decide it's not even worth it. Instead, I grab my phone again and start a new text message.

TO: Lili-poo <3

Hope im not interruptin ur fifa, li. just wanted 2 c how ur study date w/ perrie is going